RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to do something different to my Range Rover Sport, I love it but sometimes I feel like it just blends in, so I was contemplating a paint job. I was at a car show and saw a Nissan Z with a flat black wrap on it, and thought to myself isn’t wrapping just for people who want to advertise their business on their car. After talking with the guy and getting a feel for what his experience with his recommended vendor was like, I decided to do it. So take a look and let me know what you think:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Looks good in the picture.

Do they do bubblewrap? Between NJ parking lots and bushwacking in the forests...

·
Registered
71 Posts
umbertob said:
That looks like a paint job, hard to believe it's a wrap! How easy it is to remove if you change your mind or decide to sell it?
Very ease to remove. I have an insurance agency and have gone through a few wrapped cars. I let my staff drive them. I good installer will use an extra adhesive on edges which will take a little more time to get off. I have taken a wrap off a Nissan Xterra bymyself with a heatgun in less than 2 hours .. first time I have done it. Wraps have gotten really good. My cousin does all the show cars for Richard Childress, Jack Roush, DEI and Joe Gibbs .. they look like paint. He also does full size stull on 18 wheel haulers .. amazing IF and I mean IF installed correctly. Check out his website at www.jksmotorsports.com . He does not do much for the public, nor am I advertising ... it just gives you an idea of what can be done.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow, I love it. May I ask how much something like that costs, approximately? I wonder if it will effectively protect the paint from forest pinstriping??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, I love it. May I ask how much something like that costs, approximately? I wonder if it will effectively protect the paint from forest pinstriping??
Depending on the square footable of your truck it varrys. I paid $2,900 out the door and partially the reasoning I did it was to protect the paint, i’m no expert so you can talk to the guys at Kings of Wraps who can really give you the detailed info on how everything works but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt protect against forest pinstriping.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
It looks pretty cool...I can see various "location specific" themes that could emerge:

Alaska - disguise your RRS as a Caribou
Alabama - camo wrap your RRS so the deer can't see you coming
Florida - turn your RRS into one big neon billboard
etc.
etc.

:D

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:
It looks pretty cool...I can see various "location specific" themes that could emerge:

etc.
etc.

The possibilities are endless...

http://www.skinzwraps.com/race-car-wraps.html

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:

etc.
etc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
that looks great, i want to do something like this with my diesel ford f250

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Could you imagine this in Vesuvius? :D

Pedo dentist using hot chick for advertising... Jeez, dentists are the stupidest businessmen.

The flat black looks cool, MO would be jealous... You need some black wheels now.
A few years ago Spiker had the wrap on his truck to help guard against pin striping. It protects your paint, but unfortunately the plastic wrap just gets scratched and looks nawso good. I liken it to keeping the plastic on your sofa.

Of course, at $3k you could just as easily get the thing repainted before you sell it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts