Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my order in now for 4 months, V8 Supercharged, Mariana Black, Indus Silver contrast roof, Dynamic Package and Ebony / Cirrus Interior. The car is about to go to build and I am now going back and forth on the contrast roof. I would hate to get it and not love it so am debating whether to stick with the contrast, or just take the body color roof, thoughts?

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,662 Posts
I have had my order in now for 4 months, V8 Supercharged, Mariana Black, Indus Silver contrast roof, Dynamic Package and Ebony / Cirrus Interior. The car is about to go to build and I am now going back and forth on the contrast roof. I would hate to get it and not love it so am debating whether to stick with the contrast, or just take the body color roof, thoughts?
You might want to check your build sheet. If you placed your order 4 months ago and your car is about to built, most likely you missed the date for the last change. My RRS is scheduled to built next week and the last chance to change the order was a month ago.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,662 Posts
My last date to change is the 18th of Feb, for a March build and April delivery
That's good. I guess it takes a long time to ship these things across the US. Mine is scheduled to be built next week with an April 19 delivery date. Back to your original question, I think the silver on black would look great. (You can put Oakland Raiders stickers on it). :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have matching roof and considering doing a wrap on top. Fuji white body with either gloss black or carbon fiber wrap, that way if I don't like it I can always remove it. Got a quote today, $450 for solid black or $585 for carbon fiber 3M vinyl wrap.

·
Banned
144 Posts
i would go with all Mariana Black and not put the Indus roof on there.

i like a black contrast roof on some sort of color or white/silver/gray.

i don't like dark-colored cars with a light contrast roof. but that's just me. def doesn't mean i'm right. just looks out of balance to me...

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
Personally I think the new sport looks incredibly boring when the roof matches the body. I'd definitely go black w indus

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
Lol. Hate to throw a wrench into your working theory but I'm a Los Angeles native. Contrast roof is where it's at (both lighter and darker).

If you live in a warm place a lighter roof offers so many positives! Less likely to suffer paint damage from the sun, cooler in the heat, and looks fresh.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm with the darker contrast roof. I'll be wrapping my fuji white roof black soon. I think it makes the truck look sportier! The light roof is not my thing but it can work. Only thing is it reminds me of a mini cooper. :shock:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think the contrast roof looks sharp and you get the color matched lower panels which made a big difference to me. I vote stay.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
The floating roof has been a quintessential design cue of the Range Rover for 30+ years. A contrasting roof may look snazzy, groovy and smashing, but for my taste it belongs on a Mini, Union Jack and all, not on a proper Range Rover. Then again, even the "proper" new Range Rover now offers a contrasting roof as an option. I don't much care for it personally and I also think it is a fad that won't last.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.