RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 SWB and was thinking of putting the Kumhu Rd Venture MT-KL71 tires on the truck. Has anyone had any experience with these tires are there any other recomendations? The truck is primarily going to be used on road and in snow/ice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Funny you should ask. I recently put these on my 95 LWB and LOVE them. They are very nice tires. I've got about 1,000 miles on them. I've got about 65 miles of off road driving on them. I'm running the stock tire size - 205/80 R16. I've had several compliments on them and even had a guy follow me 15 miles till I stopped at a store to ask about them. I purchased my from TireTeam.com for $53 a tire. I looked recently and they no longer stock that size, but have other sizes.

Colin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you that helps. Sears in NJ has them listed at $103 per tire and they do look great! Are these classified as heavy duty and how does the truck perform on the highway, i.e., have you noticed any sway. Greatly appreciate your assistance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
SaadPAslam said:
Thank you that helps. Sears in NJ has them listed at $103 per tire and they do look great! Are these classified as heavy duty and how does the truck perform on the highway, i.e., have you noticed any sway. Greatly appreciate your assistance.

These are rated as XL load. I think they handle nicely on road. My '95 has the coil conversion suspension with Pro Comp shocks and sway bars removed. The vehicle handles the same as it did with the Cooper All Terrain tires I had on before. This is our daily driver so it sees about 95% on road use. I don't have any complaints about the tires yet. So far I would purchase them again.

Colin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts