RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand and size tires are you running on your 22s?

I have 305/40/22 on my 22s and it's hard to turn with these tires. I'll probably go with 285/35/22 size when these wear out but these may make the ride a little harsh with a whole inch reduction on profile. What do you have on your 22s and how do you like them?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
8 Posts
I ran 305/40/22's on my hartge rims and the tire was just too tall, unfortunate because there is lots of selection at a reasonable price, but too tall (greater than 4% overall diameter than stock). I LOVED the width as it created a great profile on the truck so this time I went with 305/35/22's, the diameter is spot on, lets see if the width still rubs slightly...

clintto said:
What brand and size tires are you running on your 22s?

I have 305/40/22 on my 22s and it's hard to turn with these tires. I'll probably go with 285/35/22 size when these wear out but these may make the ride a little harsh with a whole inch reduction on profile. What do you have on your 22s and how do you like them?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I run 285/35/22 Toyo Proxes ST on my 2008 RR. Perfect fit and looks good. The tires have been amazing. I have 35000 on the tires and still more to go. I highly recommend this setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Toyo Proxes ST tyres on mine also. Good Tyre at a reasonable price, but its essential to get a 4 Wheel Alignment check done when you get them fitted and at least every 6 months or more often - because if its off, even a bit.....those big tyres will wear in a massive uneven fashion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 285 / 35 22 on mine and they are Pirellis. 2nd set now and they work perfectly and no problem at turning etc ... also good is the Continental

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have yokahama's on mine, I dont remember the other dimensions. They only have about 15-20k miles on them and need to be replaced.

I have also noticed with these tires is they have week sidewalls. If I tow my boat the ass end is mushy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
285/40/22 Toyo Proxes STII - Great ride, fits nice in the wheel well, higher load rating than 35. Good tread and all seasons. Even handled fine in some very light off road.

I had Yokohama Avid SUV 285/35/22 and they looked pretty good. The ride was a little rough, but I didn't realize that until I put the Proxes STII on. Also I didn't think the rim/tire combo was really right for my car.

I think I'd only go back to the 35 sidewall if I had 24" rims and didn't care about ride quality anymore... and that could happen someday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pretty good info in here. Another tastament as to how invaluable this resource is. Way to go guys! :thumb: I encourage more people to volunteer info on what tire specs they have on their 22"s and rate the ride quality as well. Also, tell us all about it if you've experience the 22" in multiple tire specs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts