RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just ordered a 2016 Range Rover Sport Dynamic Supercharged. The wheels are beautiful but I'm thinking that we should get "winter" wheels and snow tires for the Ohio winters. Any suggestions? Will 19 inch wheels fit the Dynamic and do all season or snow tires make sense? Thanks for any input!
Regards,
Joe and Dawn
Akron OH

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
245 Posts
I also live in NE Ohio, and the 20 inch Goodyear all season that came stock on the 2016 HSE have been fine so far.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Minimum size is 20" on a supercharged, and good luck finding an aftermarket wheel without dropping a ton of $$. I suggest an ebay set of 20" wheels for the supercharged and then a set of nokian hakkapellitta R2. Best winter tires out there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We just ordered a 2016 Range Rover Sport Dynamic Supercharged. The wheels are beautiful but I'm thinking that we should get "winter" wheels and snow tires for the Ohio winters. Any suggestions? Will 19 inch wheels fit the Dynamic and do all season or snow tires make sense? Thanks for any input!
Regards,
Joe and Dawn
Akron OH
I live in Chicago so we have similar winters and I suvived with my my old RRS with 20" all season (so they say) wheels through 7 winters. The car is heavy and handles great so you can get away with it but you will definitely loose a little traction and need to be aware of it. Those tires get hard in the cold and will slide at times. My new RRS has 21" wheels and this year I bought 21" winter Pirelli Scorpions. Kept the rims and just swapped on the tires. It is night and day with the winter tires on (even with the new 21") and wish I had done it with the old car. And the wheels look sharp too. So save the money on new rims and just get a set of winter tires to switch out for winter. Continental has compatable 20 & 21" as well and I am sure there are a few more brands that do as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the responses! My original thought was to get a less expensive 20" wheel that i can have powder coated in black then get winter tires. I'll look at the Hakkapeliltta and the Pirelli. The thought process was to have two sets of wheels so they were easy to swap but i suppose either way i'd have to take the car to a tire place and leave it so maybe saving money on wheels is the way to go.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Swapping tyres is a great idea until an unexpected snow and your tyre shopped is booked up and they can;t change them out for you. With a dedicated set you can swap them yourself, not worry about damage to your nicer "summer" rims from elements and no fear of scratches or damage from the four rounds of dismount and remount every year. Also no worries about a misbalance 4 times a year...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just bought a set of 4 brand new OEM 20" wheels on ebay from a guy in Pennsylvania. Came complete with TPMS as well. $625 shipped. He had two more sets available as of last week.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
245 Posts
A foot of snow last night. When I left the house this morning at 5am I was the 1st set of tracks on the road. No problems with the Goodyear AllSeason that came on my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts