Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Louisiana, No snow, some rain. I need to replace my stock tires. Contenitnal Cross Contact
Do anyone suggest i go back with the same or something that will fit my local conditions. i currently ride 275 40R 20. Any sugestions would be helpful.
By the way I dont off road.

·
Registered
335 Posts
look at some Pirellis. they are usually good for dry weather. i have yoko's but i live in seattle where it snows and rains.

I live in Louisiana, No snow, some rain. I need to replace my stock tires. Contenitnal Cross Contact
Do anyone suggest i go back with the same or something that will fit my local conditions. i currently ride 275 40R 20. Any sugestions would be helpful.
By the way I dont off road.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts
No brainer, go with yokohama parada spec-x. Best tire for $$$.

·
Registered
43 Posts
how about on a 2011 Range Rover Sport SC? I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.. Tahoe snow once in a great while.. Any suggestions? Right now the stock tires are the Michelin Latitude Diamaris..

·
Registered
335 Posts
ive always thought people who dont buy certain tires because of tred design/pattern to be interesting. because do many people here or in general ever look at someones tred design and say "**** that a clean look design?" i don't...im just asking to see if other really do consider this....just my .02.

Don't like the squiggly tread design, I had it on for a about 2-3 weeks before going back to the the Coopers.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
ive always thought people who dont buy certain tires because of tred design/pattern to be interesting. because do many people here or in general ever look at someones tred design and say "**** that a clean look design?" i don't...im just asking to see if other really do consider this....just my .02.
Might be vain, but I do look at the thread design for aesthetics to make the vehicle look good, in addition to performance. Walking past other suv's, I do admire what other tires look like. It's like 2 identical beautiful twins, 1 wearing a nice outfit and Christian Louboutin shoes and the other in a nice dress but in Keds.

I had had the LTZ's and decided to go with the Parada's. I felt handling was slightly better, but the speeds I drive every day, the LTZ were just as great, able to take the exit ramps at good speed, gripped and handled well in nearly all conditions I drive. There was no drastic improvement in the Parada's in my mind .. . but the aesthetics was lost with the Parada. Did not hesitate to may the extra cost to get it back for a tire that handles great on most surfaces, if I do venture off road soon, in snow which I head up to CO often, or dry roads which TX has, and nt to mention a great tread life ...

BTW - I even check out the tread design for the tires I buy for my cars too, but performance and handling is a bigger weighted factor - but definitely tread design is a factor.

May be we need another poll - who purchases tires based on thread design ....

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
458 Posts
For the OP, just go with the Paradas - should be good for your purposes.

how about on a 2011 Range Rover Sport SC? I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.. Tahoe snow once in a great while.. Any suggestions? Right now the stock tires are the Michelin Latitude Diamaris..
Go with the LTZs... drove my RR up to Tahoe 15+ times last season (when there was actually snow) and it handled as good as could be expected. And I like the tread design too :)

·
Premium Member
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
134 Posts
I actually look at tread design as well... One thing that I've learned over my many years of driving along with 22 years of plowing snow, is that you can't always trust or go off of what the ratings/reviews say. And as mentioned, depending on your primary vehicle use, looks are an important factor as well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
interesting ive never looked at it that way. but after reading this i may look at that more often actually. lol

Might be vain, but I do look at the thread design for aesthetics to make the vehicle look good, in addition to performance. Walking past other suv's, I do admire what other tires look like. It's like 2 identical beautiful twins, 1 wearing a nice outfit and Christian Louboutin shoes and the other in a nice dress but in Keds.

I had had the LTZ's and decided to go with the Parada's. I felt handling was slightly better, but the speeds I drive every day, the LTZ were just as great, able to take the exit ramps at good speed, gripped and handled well in nearly all conditions I drive. There was no drastic improvement in the Parada's in my mind .. . but the aesthetics was lost with the Parada. Did not hesitate to may the extra cost to get it back for a tire that handles great on most surfaces, if I do venture off road soon, in snow which I head up to CO often, or dry roads which TX has, and nt to mention a great tread life ...

BTW - I even check out the tread design for the tires I buy for my cars too, but performance and handling is a bigger weighted factor - but definitely tread design is a factor.

May be we need another poll - who purchases tires based on thread design ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.