RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running the OEM 255/50R20. I am a HUGE fan of BFG All-Terrain KO2’s. Unfortunately, the smallest diameter they have for a 20” rim is a 275/55R20, at 31.8”/10.8R20. So, 0.9” higher section and 0.4” from either side of the rim.

Is there any chance in hell at clearing these without a lift (or staying below 30 MPH)

I am willing to entertain spacers, whatever the minimum change I’d need to clear them. Any experience?

Also, spare tire compartment in the inside... will it fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am running 32s KO2s on my 05 but on 18" wheels. I increased standard height by a little over 2" using my diag tool Faultmate msv2 extreme. You could do the same with a good diag tool or buy some 2" lift rods. You will notice a little rub in left front and right rear but it will go away and settle nice. I do like my KO2s and only put maybe 7K miles on them since having them in 2017 but now I am contemplating 33s and 35s because of these freaking jeepers riding around with 35s and 37s but I am certain it is a no go for the L322 especially if I plan on keeping the eas. Anyways you will like your new setup! No it won't fit in cargo. My spare is being hauled on my roofrack but soon I am getting a wilco spare carrier as a christmas gift to myself...my wife does not know ssshhhh lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running 32s KO2s on my 05 but on 18" wheels. I increased standard height by a little over 2" using my diag tool Faultmate msv2 extreme. You could do the same with a good diag tool or buy some 2" lift rods. You will notice a little rub in left front and right rear but it will go away and settle nice. I do like my KO2s and only put maybe 7K miles on them since having them in 2017 but now I am contemplating 33s and 35s because of these freaking jeepers riding around with 35s and 37s but I am certain it is a no go for the L322 especially if I plan on keeping the eas. Anyways you will like your new setup! No it won't fit in cargo. My spare is being hauled on my roofrack but soon I am getting a wilco spare carrier as a christmas gift to myself...my wife does not know ssshhhh lol
I would entertain raising the EAS standard height. You mentioned FaultMate, I wonder if I could do it with an IIDtool.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You should be able to with IIDtool

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm assuming your running stock rims. Check the back spacing/offset on whatever wheels you have. I have 275/55/20's on my 06, on 2018 RR 8.5" x 20" type 65 rims which I believe have a 47mm offset, and I will get the right rear fender lip cutting into the side of the tire tread (the lugs) on My Cooper ZEON LTZ tires if I'm at crawl height and the truck twists, (like turning left to go up a ramp in a garage). They will bite into both tires if the suspension is on the bump stops, so a suspension failure would leave me more or less stuck. I don't have any issues with them rubbing on the inner fender liners, front of rear except for the right front tire at full left lock, the outer tread will rub on the front edge of the inner liner under the ECM box. 99.9% of the time I have no issues, its only an issue under the conditions listed above. I can't add spacer since mine are basically out about 5 mm to far already (to clear the rear fender lips), I would have to shave the mounting surface of the wheels to add a little more backspacing (lower my offset) to pull the wheels in to get a bit more fender clearance, or roll the inner lip on the rear fender.

See the wheels and tires:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm assuming your running stock rims. Check the back spacing/offset on whatever wheels you have. I have 275/55/20's on my 06, on 2018 RR 8.5" x 20" type 65 rims which I believe have a 47mm offset, and I will get the right rear fender lip cutting into the side of the tire tread (the lugs) on My Cooper ZEON LTZ tires if I'm at crawl height and the truck twists, (like turning left to go up a ramp in a garage). They will bite into both tires if the suspension is on the bump stops, so a suspension failure would leave me more or less stuck. I don't have any issues with them rubbing on the inner fender liners, front of rear except for the right front tire at full left lock, the outer tread will rub on the front edge of the inner liner under the ECM box. 99.9% of the time I have no issues, its only an issue under the conditions listed above. I can't add spacer since mine are basically out about 5 mm to far already (to clear the rear fender lips), I would have to shave the mounting surface of the wheels to add a little more backspacing (lower my offset) to pull the wheels in to get a bit more fender clearance, or roll the inner lip on the rear fender.

See the wheels and tires:

Part of me wants to make the 275/55 my next set of tires. The other part is worried about having an EAS event that has me down to the bump stops and I can’t pull over safely.

I would say as long as I have lock-to-lock at (modified) standard height and limited crawl and turn ability at access height or whatever the lowest is (parking decks, EAS failures, etc) I would accept those odds.

Not sure what the final vehicle height will be, but we have parking decks in my city with clearances of 6’8” that I’d like to be able to clear, even if only at access height. (I really wish those tires came in my OEM size. I’ve just owned them on a prior vehicle and was extremely impressed with them. I grew attached to the appearance and here I am.) LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts