RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 305/50-20 will fit my 2007 RRS HSE? If not, could someone please recommend a tire with the load index of 120+ that will fit a 19" rim?

Can I install 18" rims on my Range?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Doubt it. I've got 285/50/20 setup, and there's only a few mm gap between the tire and suspension components.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Agreed with Frisco, 285/50 is just about as wide as you can go on stock 20" rims. On a pre-2010 HSE (as long as you don't have Brembo brakes) you can fit OEM 18" wheels, many owners on this forum do just that to achieve better off-road setups and increase their tire choices - 19" is not a popular diameter and it shows, especially among all-terrain tires. 18" wheels that came off an LR3 are a perfect fit, search the forum - starting with the FAQ thread - as there is a lot of information on the subject. Welcome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
Doubt it. I've got 285/50/20 setup, and there's only a few mm gap between the tire and suspension components.
I would like something with a bit more sidewall than the stock 20's on the stormers (just tapping a curb while parking hits the wheel first....ugh). Do you believe the 285/50 will accomplish that?

What about towing, do you think the 285/50s will become a problem with the suspension if there is only a few mm gap before you apply the added pressure of towing a heavy boat?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
the 285/50 allows for a good amount of sidewall. Keep in mind you loose some(very little) handling with the bigger sidewall. I've tested out the coopers on the exit ramps and 70 and it does pretty good, so I'm happy.

You should be ok. I towed a 2400lb car on a trailer trailer,approx 3500-4000lbs total last month with no issues.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
schmittdoggy said:
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
I would like something with a bit more sidewall than the stock 20's on the stormers (just tapping a curb while parking hits the wheel first....ugh). Do you believe the 285/50 will accomplish that?

What about towing, do you think the 285/50s will become a problem with the suspension if there is only a few mm gap before you apply the added pressure of towing a heavy boat?

Thanks in advance.
Here ya go!, best tire size computer i've found as of yet, http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts