RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing new tires for my RR, it calls for 255xR55 19 as OEM, will these tires fit?
275x55Rx19 fit?
Here are the specs (Pirelli Scorpion Zeros)

255/55R19
111V XL
400 A A 2,403 lbs 50 psi 10/32" 37 lbs 7-9.5" 8" 10" 10"
30.1" 690 GB,RO
275/55R19
111V SL
460 A A 2,403 lbs 51 psi 10/32" 41 lbs 7.5-9.5" 8.5" 11.3"
9.5"
30.9" 673 GB
The only difference is the section width is 1.3" bigger on the 275 and .9 diameter.
Please give me your thoughts on these.
Tks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
309 Posts
Your best bet is to call TireRack, they're very useful in answering these types of questions.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your best bet is to call TireRack, they're very useful in answering these types of questions.
Been there done that, Tire Rack would not answer that question due to legal issues from what the manufacturer recommends. However, this car has options to use 20" rims so go figure the fitment issue.8~

·
Registered
385 Posts
Put the vehicle on a lift and turn it each way to its stops and measure the clearances on both the inside and outside. If you have more than .65” inches (1.3” / 2) with a safety margin, you should be good.

Some vehicles have have adjustable steering stops (i.e. Jeep Wrangle) to accommodate wider tires.

i don’t think the added .9” diameter is a factor.

Edit: you should probably measure clearances with the suspension weighted.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Wow 96 views 0 replies!!/:(
Well most likely no body knows what each column represents.... and your bump was less than 48 hours.

PSI means nothing, you still follow the door jamb sticker. There are countless threads on factory 19" rims and what sizes you can run without rubbing or trimming.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well most likely no body knows what each column represents.... and your bump was less than 48 hours.

PSI means nothing, you still follow the door jamb sticker. There are countless threads on factory 19" rims and what sizes you can run without rubbing or trimming.
Thanks, however, after searching the forum to get a thread that might address my question could not lead me into what I needed, today my trustworthy indi ordered one tire to test it out on my truck, if it fits we will order the size I want.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE
After my trustworthy indi tried a tire on my RR the bigger size 275xR55X19 fit perfectly under load and enough lock to lock turning space, I am happy and thankful for his help.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
UPDATE
After my trustworthy indi tried a tire on my RR the bigger size 275xR55X19 fit perfectly under load and enough lock to lock turning space, I am happy and thankful for his help.
IMO it's not whether they fit when the car is running properly, lots of sizes clear... it's when there is an issue and your 275's don't clear when the car lowers to bump stops. Then you're essentially marooned until you can get the suspension back up to height... Just my .02 and why I don't run oversized tired.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMO it's not whether they fit when the car is running properly, lots of sizes clear... it's when there is an issue and your 275's don't clear when the car lowers to bump stops. Then you're essentially marooned until you can get the suspension back up to height... Just my .02 and why I don't run oversized tired.
The only two differences between the 255 and the 275 are the section width and the overall diameter, section width is .8" and the overall diameter is .10" when these two tires are compared side by side and installed there is virtually no difference. I understand what you are saying, however, I have tried the truck now in various situation and so far are doing fine. Tks for your concerns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts