RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you rotate tires side to side, back to front (same side) or diagonal? Service book says side to side. I would have guessed front to back personally.

G

·
0 Posts
If memory serves...

Fronts go to back, but stay on same side,
Backs go to front but to the diagonally opposite wheel.

All this assumes you don't include the spare in the rotation (which you should) and the tires are not directional.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK sounds good. On second rotation you do the same thing? If yes I wonder if just front to back is good enough i.e. is it really worth the extra effort to do the diagonal thing?

G

·
0 Posts
Dave S said:
OK sounds good. On second rotation you do the same thing? If yes I wonder if just front to back is good enough i.e. is it really worth the extra effort to do the diagonal thing?
Do the same thing everytime you do a tire rotation. That way, the drivers front tire will take a turn at every wheel position before ending back at it's starting position at the 4th rotation. If you don't do the diagonal as well, then it is every 2nd rotation and never has a chance to be on the opposite side of the vehicle. Your tires probably will wear unevenly and prematurely (more so if you don't monitor you wheel alignment, brake wear pattern and tire pressures). It's up to you how much the extra effort means to you in cost of replacing tires.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
From LR maintenance schedule: Install road wheels to opposite side of the vehicle – except
uni-directional tires which install on same side: every 24000km or 15000miles.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
From LR maintenance schedule: Install road wheels to opposite side of the vehicle – except
uni-directional tires which install on same side: every 24000km or 15000miles.
I need to rotate my RRS wheels, front to rear same side, correct? Also, I'm just about at 13,000 miles or so, and I'm seeing here 15,000 miles, but also seeing it should be done very 7500 miles? Just hoping to follow the best procedure here on out.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I need to rotate my RRS wheels, front to rear same side, correct? Also, I'm just about at 13,000 miles or so, and I'm seeing here 15,000 miles, but also seeing it should be done very 7500 miles? Just hoping to follow the best procedure here on out.

A: you're asking about your RR Sport on the forum for the real Range Rover?
And
B: rotation depends on what tires you have, directional or not.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Model doesn;t matter, but the tyre most certainly do. There is no one way of rotating tyres. If you want to be safe rotate front to rear every oil change/12-15K miles. THat covers all tyres and easy mileage notations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts