Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have 30K on my 2018 RRS supercharged V8 next month and appears will be needing new tires soon. The vehicle has been great with only an oil change and tire rotation (probably should rotate more often). Currently equipped with the OE Pirelli Scorpion Verde.tires. Question: Is 30K normal tire wear for these tires on this vehicle and what would be a better all season type recommendation? Thanks for input.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'll have 30K on my 2018 RRS supercharged V8 next month and appears will be needing new tires soon. The vehicle has been great with only an oil change and tire rotation (probably should rotate more often). Currently equipped with the OE Pirelli Scorpion Verde.tires. Question: Is 30K normal tire wear for these tires on this vehicle and what would be a better all season type recommendation? Thanks for input.
Whoa, you're very gently with your tire, can't go over 18/20K per set. I'm very happy with the Continental 302/40/22

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
618 Posts
The stock Pirelli's I've found (newest version of Pirelli Scorpion's) perform and wear evenly when rotated every 5-7K miles and last about 30,000K miles. 30,000 miles is rather good for this tire's performance in an powerful engine and very active/responsive All-Wheel-Drive vehicle. This is my 2nd set of them and was so impressed with their performance and even treadwear that it was an easy decision to go with the Pirelli Scorpion's.

ETA: I would change your oil every 5-7K miles as opposed to 15K miles personally. I noticed you mentioned you have 30K miles and changed the oil once. I would only use Castrol Professional 0w-20 or one of the High Grade Substitutes from Ravenol and a OEM filter from Jaguar/Land Rover also personally.

After changing the oil after the first 1,000 miles on my new "AJ-V8" from the factory/dealership install I noticed that was the dirtiest oil I've ever seen in 27 years of changing oil in all our vehicles. 5,000 miles after initial oil/filter change the oil was is much better condition but still dirty enough to need a change and so on ever 5K miles and has been continued to be changed every 5K miles. Just my experience and a suggestion however.

Reactions: Madtown

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
363 Posts
I am currently on Michelin Latitude Sports & had the Pirelli's beforehand. I did not like the Pirelli tire when it was 3/4 worn. It followed road crown terrible. Anyway the Latitude Sport is Michelin's Street/Sport Truck Summer tire initially developed for Original Equipment (O.E.) like the Range Rover Sport. Smooth ride & silent. Handles well when you need it to. Really impressed so far.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone put All terrain tires? Something like Goodyear Duratracs or Falken Wildpeaks. I've gone thru both on my truck and love thse. Slightly noisy in summer/dry roads but extremely reliable and long lasting.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Has anyone put All terrain tires? Something like Goodyear Duratracs or Falken Wildpeaks. I've gone thru both on my truck and love thse. Slightly noisy in summer/dry roads but extremely reliable and long lasting.
I've seen multiple examples of both the Duratracs and Wildpeaks here on this forum mounted on 20" rims I am 99% for sure of... Larger rims, I don't know about that...

I personally want a set of 31x10.50x22R Nitto Mud-Terrains though as a full extra (5-tire set) with spare for the Winter Season driving and/or dedicated Off/Road trip/excursions... I've driven on 2 inches of hard ice during "Snowpocolypse" as it was called... Nitto's Mud Terrain tires perform so well on ice/snow that they are nothing short of amazing... They are extremely amazing in Rainy, Dry, Muddy, Rock, and both Slushy/Swampy terrain as well. I've had multiple sets of them over the last 10-15 years on Jeeps. I give a slight edge to the Nitto's however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts