RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little public service announcement - when you buy tires make you check that you got exactly what you bought. I recently ordered a set of Nokian Hakkapalita R2 SUVs from Discount Tire - been dealing with them for years. Got the tires installed - looked great - drove up the mountains in a snow storm - awesome traction. Was looking at the tires the next day in better light than the evening before when I picked them up and realized they are the Nokian Hakkapelita 8 which is a studdable tire - similar to the R2 but still not the tire I ordered. Went back to the store and they said "yeah - the tire tech grabbed the wrong set of Hakka's - sorry". My son had a similar thing happen a few years ago when they installed two different versions of the same model Goodyear A/T Tire on his Tacoma - they made good a year later when they noticed the problem - but this should have never happened.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a human element to the process so this will happen from time to time. I have used Discount Tire for longer than I can remember and believe most retailers can learn a lot about their approach to customer service and helping get the right tire for a specific car. I would expect they made you whole and took full responsibility for the error. I would never purchase tires anywhere else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts