RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 RRS HSE

I’m hopeful someone can shed some light on this.

i’m running the stock 19” wheels with Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires.
the owners manual and door jam sticker only state one set of max loading tire pressures. 38 psi Front/ 42 psi Rear.
driving on any rough road or less than smooth hwy at these tire pressures will sometimes cause an extremely harsh and jarring ride.

There is an updated Tire Specs chart that I saw here that is supposedly a real Land Rover document from 2011.
It shows an additional spec for (normal) tire pressures in addition to the (max load) pressures

the normal tire pressures shown for the 2008 RRS 19” tires is 33 psi Front/ 36 psi Rear. Those pressures sound more reasonable from a ride comfort standpoint but they are a huge difference from the pressures shown on the door jam sticker.

Is anyone familiar with this updated Land Rover specifications document? Are those lower tire pressure numbers approved by LR?

Thanks,
X

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
That difference later became the light load, and heavy load specs. You only need the light load for commuting, nights out and hauling luggage for a vacation. If you are towing or packed to the hilt with 4 adults and their luggage or rear seats down and hauling lumber you need the heavy load specs.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That difference later became the light load, and heavy load specs. You only need the light load for commuting, nights out and hauling luggage for a vacation. If you are towing or packed to the hilt with 4 adults and their luggage or rear seats down and hauling lumber you need the heavy load specs.
Thank you RRToadHall!
we can always count on your knowledge and expertise.

So you’re confirming that the specs doc is a legit LR publication?
That is the only place I have ever seen approved tire pressures other than the 38/42

1 - 4 of 4 Posts