RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys need your help, I changed my stock wheels and tires on my 09 RRS to redbourn 22" Saxon with Pirelli 285/35/R22 tires. They look great and I dont seem to feel any change in the driving. The problem is I searched all over online but could not find out how much air pressure I need to fill them up with. Almost everyone says follow the sticker that is in the car but those numbers are for the stock tires and not for the 22". Should I just follow the sticker or is there another formula for aftermarket wheels and tires.

Thanks for all the help...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,459 Posts
45 psi all the way around for low profile tires is my preference for the 20's...I'd think something along those lines would work, may also be a personal preference for your comfort level. I don't see 38/42 applying to low profile tires very well...tends to be a bit soft for my taste.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Vaksub.

40 Psi all round. Are your Redbourne's 9.5", 10" or 10.5" wide ? As this can have positive effects on tire pressure requirement !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just remember you are losing sidewall going to 22's so higher inflation will lead to a potentially even harsher ride. That said, I'd go with 38 lbs all around.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have 45 psi in my tires with a max of 50 because i would rather my tires last longer. I dont really notice the ride difference, im sure the tire quality matters. Off the subject but man i cant believe how bad of a ride the run flat tires have. Drove a car with them and it felt like i was driving on rocks. It was horrible. But the 40 psi recommendation would be what the tire shops all give as to have a good balance of ride comfort. You will be fine with that.

·
Registered
318 Posts
jbrac25 said:
I have 45 psi in my tires with a max of 50 because i would rather my tires last longer. I dont really notice the ride difference, im sure the tire quality matters. Off the subject but man i cant believe how bad of a ride the run flat tires have. Drove a car with them and it felt like i was driving on rocks. It was horrible. But the 40 psi recommendation would be what the tire shops all give as to have a good balance of ride comfort. You will be fine with that.
Run flats are a perfect example of a good idea that really needs more time to be properly developed. They are indeed hard as rocks and really, really degrade the ride of a vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts