RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 75K miles on my 07 sport and have always run larger than stock tires...295/40/20's. Over the last 15K miles or so the dash indicator for the tire pressure monitoring intermittently goes on and off. Tire pressure is good, same as stock tire size, 38/42. The dealer says the wheel sensors are working fine. Now they are saying it must be because of the larger tire size. That makes absolutely no sense to me...pressure is pressure. Any insight??? Thank you!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
It's not your tires size, that's for sure. Do you have a monitored full size spare? Maybe that tire is low on air.

PS: Do you recall what the fault in the message center reads when it pops up? "CHECK ALL TYRE PRESSURES", "TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM FAULT", "XX TYRE PRESSURE NOT MONITORED", etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CHECK ALL TYRE PRESSURES is the error code. Does anyone know at what pressure the wheel sensor indicates low pressure?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
If all 4 on the car have the right pressure definitely check the spare. I don't understand why Land Rover doesn't use a similar system to Mercedes Benz which tells you which tires has what amount of air pressure. Makes life much more simple. Oh wait Brits don't like the simple life....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts