RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a puncture through the sidewall of my Prada 305/40/22 in the rear thanks to the monsoons here in AZ. Replaced the left rear, since that had the puncture and decided to replace the right rear to be paired. Now the truck handles like a pig. The fronts have 30k on them. Can there be that much difference between new and used tires? The rear hunts the road differences more than the fronts. Makes me feel like I am driving a boat, not the planted RRS that I am accustomed to. 2016 RRS Diesel

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
12 Posts
Have you checked the tire pressures? They could be too high (commonly done here by Australian tyres fitters) or too low. Can affect the way car handles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Assume you replaced with the same tire brand/model? How much tread is left on the fronts with 30k on them? Have you discussed the issue with the tire seller/installer? I'd say it's possible with the mileage difference, but probably depends more on the tread difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also think is a matter of tread difference. I recently replaced the 22” Contis in my RRS after 28k miles, with the same brand/model and the ride was considerably better, it felt like I was driving a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts