RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know what tire choices you have on your RRS. I have a 2012 RRS and trying to decide what to buy. Presently have the factory Continentals and don't like.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
For winter I’ve been running Nokian’s Hakkapelitta 8. They will turn you Range Rover into an unstoppable winter machine. I see your profile says you are in Boston. You may want to consider a winter set if you do much winter driving. The Continentals I found are downright dangerous in the snow.

As far as summer/all season tires, I haven’t found any that I prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
Michelin pilot A/S plus is an outstanding tire and not that pricey. For all my street driven cars this is my go to tire. Sold the crap out of them at the dealership too.

I worked and managed tire stores for 13 years and this is what i learned.
Goodyears are thin and dont last very long. Decent tire and very little defects.
Conti's are really thin and ride nice but not worth the money.
Pirellis are a hard composition. Long lasting and great handling. do tend to flatspot after sitting overnight which goes away after a few miles.
choke your mamas are a decent mid level tire for the price.
Sumitomos are literally junk. Out of 6 tires i tried 3 separated.
There are a crap load of generics out there. just junk if you ask me but thats just my opinion.

Michelins are what you set the bar too. They are hands down the best out there. Thick rubber casing means the tire rolls smoother and almost completely free of defects. Go to the tire store and put your hands on different brands. You will see and feel the difference.

There is a lot more to it but thats my .02 from 28 years of dealing with tires.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
102 Posts
Thanks Special Ed, pretty thorough. Any thoughts on BFG?

·
Registered
159 Posts
BFG are great tires. Michelin I think still owns them and I run the Km2's on my Discovery. I tend to tear the crap out of tires off road and they hold up very well. I would consider them at or close to the top of the spectrum of tires.

Another tire is Bridgestone. They make a decent tire, close to the top of the chart on my list.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just got the Continentals Cross Contact dws06 installed last week and I really like them all my friends have them on there high end german salons and they drive really well what Continentals do you have on your car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I most likely still have the original factory installed tires on my RRS. I have the Continental 4x4 Contacts and I would like to replace them with a more sporty looking tire, one that sits on the road square and not look U shaped. Any thoughts? Anyone using a sporty looking tire like I described? I do not take my RRS out in snow or bad weather.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems that the Michelins have a very low MAX load raring compared to the other choices. Not sure how that factors in if you are towing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I most likely still have the original factory installed tires on my RRS. I have the Continental 4x4 Contacts and I would like to replace them with a more sporty looking tire, one that sits on the road square and not look U shaped. Any thoughts? Anyone using a sporty looking tire like I described? I do not take my RRS out in snow or bad weather.
I am running Conti ExtremeContact and like them. Coming up on 30k miles in roughly one year and they are minimal on tread loss with excellent traction and highway performance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just threw on Goodyear Eagle Sports. Good price and good wear-warranty on them too. Not enough mileage for a long term review but they are great so far. They are low profile and have the "sporty" look you are talking about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts