RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment at our local Costco to install 4 new tires. They are telling me that there are specific Range Rover instructions not to lift the auto to take all four tires off. Must be lifted one wheel at a time. This does not sound right. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
It very wise advice. Many folks have had EAS damage due to leaving tyres dangling from a frame lift. Then again there are many more folks that have had no issue. Personally I never lift any EAS vehicle from the frame and always lift at suspension points for this very reason. With that said we all know dang well that Costco service centres have more than one floor jack and can easily do a side at a time. :thumb:

·
Registered
94 Posts
What about locking it in access mode? Does the suspension lock made a difference if it's being lifted?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
makes no difference at all. Your suspension is going to drop to full extension until something stops it. Usually that is the strut or shock absorber depending on the suspension type of the car. In the case of newer rigs like the Evoque that would be the strut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts