RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blowout and put the spare on temporarily. Now I have a bunch of faults ABS, Parking break, suspension, and a few others also obviously the tire sensor is faulting as the real front wheel is missing.
Should I bring this in the Land Rover or will these faults disappear when tire is repaired?

Also, I purchase car with 255/55R20 on them and plan on buying only two more tires should I leave these two up front and get 275/45 for the rear or stick with the 255/55 all round? I think the 275/45 were the OEM but not sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
35 Posts
Had a blowout and put the spare on temporarily. Now I have a bunch of faults ABS, Parking break, suspension, and a few others also obviously the tire sensor is faulting as the real front wheel is missing.
Should I bring this in the Land Rover or will these faults disappear when tire is repaired?

Also, I purchase car with 255/55R20 on them and plan on buying only two more tires should I leave these two up front and get 275/45 for the rear or stick with the 255/55 all round? I think the 275/45 were the OEM but not sure.

Thanks
In theory, everything should go away once you have the correct size tires back on. However, you will likely have to clear tyhe codes, with no permanent issues, so not too bad.

I would highly recommend that whatever you do, you have 4 wheels that are the same size, make and model, not just the same rolling diameter. Otherwise you'll get some funky handling. Not sure what year you have but stock on my 12 SC is 275/40r20, but am currently running 285/50r20 terra grappler G2s. I would definitely recommend a 45 or 50 sidewall. Looks better, rides smoother, better off road, etc

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i realized that the wheels on my 13 RRS are from i think a 2015 RRS so they are the 20x8.5 so that is why they must have put 255/55 on them which were the oem wheels for the newer RRS. in this case i am going to just keep the 255/55 as they are the widest tire that can fit on a 8.5

all four tires are in great shape so my only real option without getting rid of perfectly good tires is to just buy two of the existing.

thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI in case anyone having this issue, I ended up putting two new tires up front and keeping the old non damaged front as a spare. Seems you really don't need four new tires as long as tread on the remaining old tires is decent and all tires are same exact model.

Once new tires were installed all faults disappeared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts