RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve developed a new air leak, where rear left bag is deflating in about 12 hours. I’ve soaped everything and found a slight leak where the pipe enters a push fit connector (previous repair) near to the valve block. This is after a full valve block and compressor refurb so a bit annoying!!!

so far I’ve trimmed it back a bit and used a new connector but still getting a slight leak. Any tips to get these old pipes to seal please? Short of replacing the whole run with brand new I’m stumped.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, will give some of those a try

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,355 Posts
It is 6mm od and 4mm id nylon tubing. Not that dear from a main dealer. They just cut it off a roll.
Don't use polythene or polyurethane tubing. It is too soft. Use nylon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is high pressure air line as used by spray painters...a tools shop should have it, and the connectors. Your o-rings may have been damaged by the previous repair...chamfer cut ends (clear any swarf) with a pencil sharpener and lube with detergent liquid. No need to replace entire lines...any number of cut-and-shuts can be done if quality connectors as linked by Richard are used.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I used the brass T-connectors. They're available in a line joiner version too. They require a fair bit of torque to tighten onto the little olive but once fitted they're absolutely air tight - set and forget.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
+1 on the brass connectors. I use Wade connectors that have a central spigot that the tube goes over. A brass olive tightens down on it.
Some of mine have been in 10 years plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts