RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based upon many of the comments on this Board, I had the truck Opti-coated this week and just picked it up. Looks absolutely great and for many of us in States that use mag chloride on the roads in the winter, I think it makes even more sense. This said, it was not cheap ($749) and when I picked it up I was taken a bit aback when paying and there was a line for a gratuity. I didn't know if this was standard for high end detailers but when I go to the quick touchless wash with the guys that do a hand dry, I always give them $5-10. But then they are most often minimum (or below minimum) wage employees and the cost of the wash is more in the $20-30 range. I ended up clicking on the 15% gratuity button but was thinking about this during the drive home. They did work on the truck for a solid day and a half and I am very pleased, so that's what I decided. Any thoughts (as I am going to have my wifes 335 done by the same guys next week)? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Opticoated mine too and it cost 8 large ones plus tips so you are in the ballpark there. Nothing unusual. And ghosh every new range rover owner has a BMW in the family most commonly a 335 or 5 series? Isn't the upgrade path for those an x5/6? Oh boy Land rover is stealing a bunch of customers from BMW. BMW better do something about the ugly trucks they are pumping out. I wonder if they notice? Off topic but was looking at the statistics and was blown away. Most common other car? BMW 3/5 series. Hmmm :doh:

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
I would think BMW is doing just fine... :) But next time you go to your dealer, ask them about the trade-ins. I just got back from the shop and their parking lot is essentially Land Rovers and BMWs. Nothing else. Go figure.

·
Banned
305 Posts
you can tip for anything in this world. I wouldn't have tipped for the opti coat. psychology at play when they add that line at the bottom of the bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts