RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting my windows tinted and also thinking of doing the sunroof. One place I've spoken to says no problems doing the sunroof. Another says no-way, the glass expands with heat and the glue and film can cause it to shatter.

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
640 Posts
The film will not Bond to the Glass Properly due to the Glass having a Textured Effect instead of Smooth Surface and will peel off, or that's what happened to mine at least. Which is exactly what the Company that did it said may happen.

Cheers

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
:shock: Our sunroofs are already mirror tinted and UV protecting. If you are doing it for looks, it will make no change on the outside due to the mirror tinting already in place from the factory. If you want it to be even darker inside, just close the sunshade. :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rrtoadhall said:
:shock: Our sunroofs are already mirror tinted and UV protecting. If you are doing it for looks, it will make no change on the outside due to the mirror tinting already in place from the factory. If you want it to be even darker inside, just close the sunshade. :D
Doing it for looks!!! Like who's ever going to look at the sunroof :lol: Mine has that speckled stuff through it but it doesn't do that much. I like the open feeling of having the blind back but when you live in a country which has no ozone then it'd be good to darken it a bit.

Col said:
The film will not Bond to the Glass Properly due to the Glass having a Textured Effect instead of Smooth Surface and will peel off
Thanks for that, just the kind of info I was after.

THe texture can be removed from the glass with a blade to install new tinting if you are strictly after a darker look from the inside. You can also remove the glass panel very easily and clean the snot out of it and use spray tinting. Again, there will be no difference from the outside, only on the inside. Frankly I think you are nuts, but then again folks think I am nuts for having stickers on my rig. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Here where we are blessed with mega tons of sunshine (eerrr not today though) tinting the sunroof glass is must

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
You can get tinting spray, you would have to take the glass out, but then it wouldnt matter about the bobbles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts