RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Timing Chain Guides Valley Pan reseal water pump tubes parts list

I am in the process of stripping my m62 v8 to complete the replacement of the chain guides, chain tensioner, valley pan seal etc. I started just with a rattle and the bits of chain guide in the sump and as I have stripped things down I have discovered with a massive amount of help from the amazing posts and information available here that I have most of the problems that can be expected. I have posted a thread with a problem 'fly wheel locking pin bent in housing' which I hope to get some feedback on. I am hopeful that someone has a list of part numbers I will require. I hace removed the two ally tubes that take water through the pump above the valley pan and discovered the seals are perished at both ends and would appreciate guidance on those parts as well, do i need just seals or should the seals be bonded to the tubes and therefore do I need new tubes. I also wondered if I should replace the oil seperator or just clean it out as it looks ok other than the tube returning the oil has disintegrated and needs replacing, the pcv looks ok as well but would it be best to replace it whilst I am so far into the surgery? Anything else that anyone thinks I should or shouldnt do would be appreciated. The car has done 160k miles, I have owned it from new. I am new to this site and I assure everyone I have trawled and researched at length and where I have asked questions that have been answered elsewhere I have experienced various opinions and a bit of conflicting opinion along the way. I have found stacks of advice and great pictures on the bimmerforum too which has been a great help along the way. I am not in a massive hurry to complete this, I have a 2011 tdv8 that I use daily and the l322 is for dog transport and the mucky stuff, I did consider calling the scrap man as the car is probably worth twice a full tank of fuel but I have over the last few years replaced the front air struts, hubs, bushes etc, had the transmission rebuilt due to the lottery of obtaining reverse, alternator, radiator, starter motor, various window lifter motors, rear wiper motor assembly (who in hells name designed the water route through that?), lots of bits and bobs jobs so I have invested a fair bit in the car. I also decided that every man should strip down a V8 before he dies. Hopefully I will get it back up and running and get another ten years of dog transport out of it. Thanks for spending whatever time you have or do on this for me. I believe rrphil is a source of considerable magical advice on these things so I am fingers crossed for whatever help I get from whoever is kind enough to take the time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts