RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the inner torx on the cam shafts. I took the larger 15/16 bolt off without aproblem reverse thread.
The video I saw, Nathan’s Garage, has the inner Torx beingreverse thread as well. Try as I might,its not budging and I am reluctant to wrench on it to hard for fear of damagingthe cam shaft. I am securing it with awrench on the back side of the shaft.
So is the inner torx reverse thread as well? If so its not budging. The 15/16 nut came off with little effort.
Help!

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
It’s insanely tight, I had same issue. Use a 27mm open end to hold the cam and try an impact gun if you have enough room. Otherwise keep going with a breaker bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Success. Got thembroke. Doing the timing procedurenow. Used the little tool to turn theinner wheel counter clockwise (gently) till it stopped. I ohmed out on two of the three posts on bothsides…Am I good?

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Should be, as long as it is all the way retarded. When finished turn the engine over a few times and recheck timing with the vamps wheel jig and cam locks.

You seem to be moving fast, good luck with timing. Beisan Systems helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts