RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I posted a question earlier regarding differences between the 2010 motors and the 2017 motors and surprisingly the thread blew up with lots of replies and have just two more questions.
1.Is there a specific vin for when the new updated parts are fitted to the car?
2.If I buy a 2013 model does that mean I won't have any problems relating to the timing chain, guides,ext?
3.Is there a way to tell if the car does have the updated parts installed?Pre 2013

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
797 Posts
If I buy a 2013 model does that mean I won't have any problems relating to the timing chain, guides,ext?
No guarantees but the common experience with most models that fall last in their generation (in your case the 2013 model of the 2010-1013 Gen) are the most reliable as most of the kinks have been worked out and tweaked. If I were to sell this car and go RRS again I'd try for a 2013 vs 2014.

And while we're on it. Isn't the 2014 model the first to have those dreaded "heated seats" that are nothing more than vents under your butt that blows cold air until the cabin warms up and THEN the seats get warm???? Read this somewhere but that's a reason for me to avoid the 2014 model. When it's -20 outside you'll really want the traditional heated seats.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I did not find anything on the new sport and the new FFRR having timing problems i assume the new parts used in the 2013 engines was enough to solve the problem.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but does the car have to be under warranty still to have this fixed? And what if the noise isn't present? This TSB is not the same as a 'recall?' correct?

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
Full recalls are for safety items. Think Takata air bags, brake flex lines... Safety recalls are actually very rare. They will either be issued voluntarily by the cr company or mandated by the federal government.

Service bulletins are for known issues that need to be addressed to ensure reliability. Any thing from rattles to something major like these redesigned guides are covered by service bulletins.

Warranty would cover payment for service bulletins. Safety recalls are always covered at the manufacturers expense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Assuming mine falls within this range BA268345 then I should call dealer and see if this has been performed.? What is the specific TSB number addressing this.? and approx cost .? bought mine used and out of warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts