RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 years of great service I picked up an 05 HSE a few months ago. I have kept both just because I hate to sell stuff I love but it doesnt make sense to own both. Been looking around CL and Ebay trying to get a feel of how to price her but man are prices all over the map. $2,900 to $18,000K for 95 to 02 P38's :shock: Im the second owner original paint with a surface scratch here and there. Only mechanical issues are heated seats are inop and the doors like to mystery lock themselves occasionally while driving. Common I know. Everything else is functioning as advertised. Tranny rebuilt at around 65,000, new radiatior and 04 HSE 19' wheels with hub centric rings factory Bull bar side steps etc, no fluid leaks. Blue exterior with Light stone interior no major blemishes with 78,000 miles on the clock. Rust free and never in an accident. Basicly a clean sorted rig. Im thinking in the 6-8k range? Too low/ high? Input needed as I want to be fair but dont want it sitting around or give it away either.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I'd start around $8k and take it from there.

I was just thinking about this today... why the hell are similar year Discos more expensive than P38's? They were about half the cost when new, and are just as unreliable.

·
Registered
407 Posts
8 for a quick sale, if you wanna wait, someone will bite after a month if you sale for 9,999

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like you do not need to sell right away, so I would start out high. Couldnt hurt. If you are a member of eBay, you can check recently ended auctions to compare your Rover with similar rovers that did or did not sell.

Yours sounds like a good with no problems, now leaks, and low miles. I see some junk out there all the time, which is why you will see the low prices.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, Im testing the waters on Craigs list at $7,800. Ill see how many bites I get befor I lower the price at all. Man If I had the room I would keep her. This is the longest I have ever owned a car and have gotten attached to her :( Im just waiting for the nice Nigerian business man to have his agent pick up the car with his out of state cashiers check.

·
Registered
407 Posts
lear60man said:
Thanks guys, Im testing the waters on Craigs list at $7,800. Ill see how many bites I get befor I lower the price at all. Man If I had the room I would keep her. This is the longest I have ever owned a car and have gotten attached to her :( Im just waiting for the nice Nigerian business man to have his agent pick up the car with his out of state cashiers check.

I have owned somewhere between 15 - 25 cars in my life and luckily I have never had to see any of them after they were sold. Seriously, I think it would be to heartbreaking.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold to the first guy who saw her. I came down 300 to cover fixing the Drivers door lock solenoid, which is fair. Ill be slummin in the MKIII forum /:(

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh forgot this little side story. So this morning Im outside scrambling getting a few things ready on the p38 for sale and an acquaintance up the street pulls up in his light gold 2000 P38 (single guy, mid 50's). He rolls down the window and jokingly asks if I want to buys his as I already have 2 beautiful RR's in front. I tell him I am on my way to sell the blue p38 and he asks how much/miles etc. He looked surprised and said ''You a good price......isnt it sad how much they depreciate etc.' His RR is flawless showroom condition nothing less. He looked down at the Odometer and said, "I only have 31,000 miles how much do you think I could get for her?" I walked over and took a peek inside, it looked like maybe a year old. Most beautiful example of a P38 I have ever seen. Not my exterior color of choice but it definitely was pristine and kept in a bubble. My last comment was to please sell it to a private party and dont sell to a dealer.

About half way through my test drive with the buyer, he mentions that his brother is also looking for a P38 so I tell him about my earlier encounter and would pass on his contact info to my neighbor. "How much does he want?" He asked. "He should be asking a lot more than what I am asking!" Was my reply. When space isn't such a commodity Ill get another. Great cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts