RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it had to happen some day dropped the caravan of out side the house going to take the good lady away for the weekend oil light came on and what sounded like the bottom end nipping up so engine out last night been and collected a low mileage one today only problem it is an older one so lots of bits to swap over just hope when I fitted my FIP the timing is some where near.
mane thing that upset me is it had only done 199048 was only bragging last week about the mileage how it would hit the 200000 mark this month.
Tony

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
199k miles is pretty darn good for any engine in my book. I hope mine eclipses the 200k mark (11k to go)... but if it doesn't I've got big plans for her.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
193 Posts
kmagnuss said:
199k miles is pretty darn good for any engine in my book. I hope mine eclipses the 200k mark (11k to go)... but if it doesn't I've got big plans for her.
For sure. I'm going to set 200K as my goal... We'll see how that goes.

I hope she didn't hear me :oops: :pray:

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Too bad, but good to hear you're already set up to replace the engine. :thumb:

Do you plan to take the old engine apart to look for the problem?

Greetz,

Filip

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Ours passed the 200k mile [email protected],000 right now :pray:
I already have my "spare" engine to rebuild then swap over..... :thumb:
Martin

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
If it is any consolation Tony, mine has done 178,000 and is on engine number 4. :lol:

·
Registered
494 Posts
160k over here. still going. but god does it need to be waxed...and PICS of this happening please!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Rich998a said:
If it is any consolation Tony, mine has done 178,000 and is on engine number 4. :lol:
What happened to the great engine that went in 3k miles ago?
I thought that was no2.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well in and running Friday night away Saturday morning with the van just one night back Sunday ran OK just need correct wiring loom as engine is from a 98 not a 99 so engine management light is on.
Tony

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
No Tim. That engine is fine - shame about the rest of the car though. Suspension and A/C the issues at the moment.

First engine went at around 60k, I suspect from the invoice due to the early hose issue. Next one went at 90k due to the radiator clogging up. The last one expired on me in Scotland back in March/April, so this is number 4 at the moment. So that's £20,000 just in engines over the last 14 years (It's my car's 15th Birthday in December).

I've been seeing and hearing about the M51 Diesels going wrong more recently, more so than the V8. My logic though is that the V8's are mostly dead now. :think: And those that aren't are the top hat liner motors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts