RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new 22's at a tire shop and noticed that the vehicle was tilted to the passenger side a bit. Looked in the settings screen and it shows normal at all height levels. So I got out the tape measure and sure enough it is higher on the driver side by 1/2 inch than the passenger. Any help? Booked in for service next week otherwise..... Haven't tried to pull the negative battery yet, but it is very noticeable. Looks lopsided!!!

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Have someone else sit in the vehicle, and while moving slowly raise it to off-road, and then back to normal. Stop the truck, and measure with them still in it.

If it levels itself with the driver sitting in it, when the driver's weight is removed, it does not immediately adjust, and may not at all if less then a 10mm offset.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts
Have someone else sit in the vehicle, and while moving slowly raise it to off-road, and then back to normal. Stop the truck, and measure with them still in it.

If it levels itself with the driver sitting in it, when the driver's weight is removed, it does not immediately adjust, and may not at all if less then a 10mm offset.
whats the right way of having the tires changed? start the engine and keep it running while they raise the vehicle and while replacing the wheels/tires until it is finished and turn off after the job is done? I had the same issue with my 1988 galant sigma but the sensors would immediately fix it. But to avoid folding or kinking the airbags it is suggested to keep the engine running to inflate the airbags. maybe a sticky is in order?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you. I will try this and repost results.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
whats the right way of having the tires changed? start the engine and keep it running while they raise the vehicle and while replacing the wheels/tires until it is finished and turn off after the job is done?
Not necessary at all, and can actually cause more issues(probably won't, but can)

The vehicle should be raised just like any other vehicle, just with care in knowing that if lifted by the suspension and not the frame, it will adjust as height changes.

If lifted by the frame(how most places with 2-post lifts will raise it, or best practice with just a jack) the wheels can hang with no ill effect at all. The EAS may try to lower it, but will not be able to as weight is pushing the wrong way. Once it is lowered, the vehicle will be in Extended mode, as the valves were last closed with the wheels at max articulation, so it will need to be lowered to normal ride height. Obviously, care needs to be taken to not lift from the suspension compressor, reservoir, or anything else delicate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts