RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a quick question. At some point I bought two tie rods ends part number QFS000010. I was probably making the assumption that there was only one on each side and two of these would replace the worn units. Anyway, I can't remember the logic when I bought these a couple years ago. Now, I'm getting ready to restore the steering joints and realize I need a complete drag link and track rod as one end has a built in joint. My questions is if the ends I have QFS000010, will serve as the thread-in adjusting end of both the track rod and drag link? I'm ordering both TR and DL, just making sure I don't need the "complete" versions with these joints included. Also, I should note that the joints I have are Britpart. After a terrible experience with a Britpart water pump, I wondering if everything Britpart is low quality or just water pumps?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
771 Posts
Rot parts haven't got the best of brand name when it comes to p38s, that said it seems to be mechanical or electrical that are there failings.
Many times you can buy an OE part and it will be in a Brit part box, personally I try to avoid them, but surely they can't bugger up a tie rod end !

·
Registered
965 Posts
I've also gone through the Britpart experience in the past. I've also had a terrible experience with their water pump and few other components, so I've vowed to avoid them as much as possible.

Considering the significant impact steering has on handling and overall safety, I would stick with OEM or OEM quality parts only. If not OEM, I would probably choose Lemforder or Delphi.

Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts