RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just started to notice with windows down driving slowly I can hear a faint rapid ticking noise on my vehicle, occurs only from 1000-1500 rpm.
Does anyone else have this? Btw windows have to be down, the noise can't be heard with windows up.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts
Direct injection maybe? Does it almost sound like an old diesel clatter?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah not too sure, honestly started noticing it after an oil change, but yes it does sound like old diesel clatter.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport, 2013 Range Rover Supercharged
39 Posts
Does anybody know what causes this? I just started noticing this on my 5.0 after an oil change. It gets louder with the AC on. When I was looking online I noticed a lot of Mustang 5.0 have the same ticking i'm experiencing.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
Is it a tick with about a one second gap between? That's what mine is doing and they said it's the fan clutch and scheduled me for an appointment for replacement (under warranty).

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Put the details of your rig in your signature, or at the very least post them in any thread you make.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport, 2013 Range Rover Supercharged
39 Posts
No, mine starts at around 1,000 rpm and gets faster until 1,500 rpm then I can't hear it anymore. As for the fan clutch I have seen some videos on that and seems to be a common problem with these. Mine is a '10 Sport SC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts