RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,
I have searched through the forums and can't find my problem so I thought I would ask and see what the great sages of this forum can come up with.
I have an 08 RR Sport HSE, 4.4, 127000 miles, which has been ok until about 6 months ago. I started hearing a slight thumping noise from the left front, increases with speed. Sounds a little a flat place on the tire. Rotated the tires but still there. It has gotten very bad. Can feel it through the steering wheel and now get worse when going around left hand curve at any speed.
I have pulled the tire and and CV boots are not cracked, no oil leaking anywhere. Brake pads are ok. Put the wheel
back on and grabbed the top and bottom of the tire, no play when I shook it. It sounds and feels like a bad wheel bearing. I just want to know if it could be something else.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
do you have Active Sway Bar? My previous RRS was 2009 SC and it was thumping when I drove over a cigarette butt and new control arms, struts did not solve the problem. Wound up being an active sway bar. It is standard on SC but optional on HSE this model year, may take a look and rule it out. I met a mechanic from LR at my Indy and he drove the truck around, then went back to the shop, called a few guys to help rock the truck sideways and said "Congratulations, you just spent $3K" but it would up to be less then that as I ordered the part from UK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roman,
I get knocks when I hit bumps or pot holes. This is differently in the drive line. I jacked the front up removed the tires and put a drill and socket on the hub nut and I could here it when I spun the axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Iain1957
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing