RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before and if so, I apologise for bringing it up again.
When driving my P38 Diesel Auto, you seem to have to put in a lot of pedal movement to get it going. The auto box changes smoothly and it cruises nicely on the motorway without crazy gear changes going up hill on cruise control.
It tows fine too but it just seems that you have to move the accelerator excessively to get it going. I think I am used to it but my wife brought the subject up as she recently used it.
I am about to sell it so wanted to be sure that there was not a fault with it.
Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for multiple replies. I think my pc is running very slow.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,762 Posts
Don't worry about it. My laptop is about to get a flying lesson out the window this morning. :lol:

Totally my foul. I looked right at "DSE" and picture GEMS throttle cables. I'm sure someone from your side of the pond will pop on this morning.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine is the same, the pedal has a longer than normal travel I believe they did that so you can be more accurate with it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
The throttle response (at least on the petrol models) is supposedly damped a bit, to account for if you are offroading and on rough terrian - means that you get better throttle control and response, then a instant jolt every time you press the pedal down a bit more as a reaction of going over a bump or rough trail etc...

I would presume that the diesel has the same strategy, but programmed into the ECU, given the throttle is fly-by-wire..

·
Registered
64 Posts
The biggest problem with the diesel is while cruising the turbo isnt doing much and throttle response is non existent to say the least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts