RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RRS Supercharged, 2012
Been running a custom tune with supercharger overdrive pulley for about 2 years.

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue - a little difficult to describe.

Symptom: when I go WOT, it feels like I have to ease off a little and then reapply throttle before I actually get WOT.
Decided to troubleshoot a little today. Steps I took:
1. Reflashed the OEM tune file: it seemed to behave normally when I went WOT. Took the attached log file with the GAP iiDtool.
2. Reflashed the custom tune: it again seemed to behave normally

Although it feels like the problem has gone away, now I'm really curious.

1. Did somehow refreshing the ECU clear some adaptive values?
2. Looking at the trace of the throttle position normal - is this normal? In the graph, I apply WOT at the start and held it until at least the 6s mark, but the recorded throttle position doesn't look like constant WOT. Is there some torque limiting function the ECU is trying to do that makes the throttle not actually respond linearly with the accelerator pedal or do I have an issue with the throttle body or TPS?
3. With the transmission in PARK, if I go WOT, the throttle position value peaks at 79%, then stabilizes at ~23% with RPMs at 4,000. I assume that's just a park rev limiter?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: yesterday I played around a little more. It still feels like there’s some surfing with the pedal floored. Almost like it isn’t really reaching WOT. If I back off the pedal slightly, it feels like the power increases.

Is there a pedal travel sensor or throttle position sensor I should check/replace?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck has thrown the restricted performance light a couple times - and it dramatically reduces power when it comes on. Several times with no fault codes, but today it came on (during hard acceleration), check engine light was on and I got fault code P0087-00. Researching this it seems I might have an issue with the fuel pump.

Looking at fuel pumps, there appears to be one that is in the fuel tank, and two that are mounted to the engine? Does anyone have part numbers and/or experience replacing them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is LR081595 the high pressure pump (x2) mounted on the passenger side of engine block?
And the low pressure one is in the tank?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts