RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 2006 supercharged the other evening and immediately upon starting out noticed there was some hesitation in the throttle. It felt almost like it did when the fuel pump went out earlier this year.

I continued to try and make it home from work, but noticed the temp gauge was inching on up toward the red mark, only five minutes or so after driving. It startled me, so I pulled off and parked the car.

Went back after dinner to retrieve it and it had the same hesitation. Before starting, I checked the coolant tank and it looked normal (although it has had a slow leak for a while now). I paid closer attention to the temp gauge and noticed it was all over the place. It would almost hit the red mark, and then it would dip back below the halfway mark, all during a 5-10 minute drive. The engine also sounded a little louder than normal, unless I just imagined that.

I’m out of town with family for the holidays at the moment, but will tackle this the day after Christmas. Any thoughts? Seems like it may be a thermostat.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It does sound like you have air in the system which could show the erratic temp swings at least to the upside. Ford engines had something similar which helped them blow up and the erratic behaviour was due to corrosion on the sensor. Someone on here had a similar issue but there was another reason that escapes me at the moment. As another note my van would not pull coolant from the reservoir when I had a leaking water pump. (It did at first but not later when the leak was stronger) not sure on the throttle part but it could be part of a strategy due to the interconnectedness of the systems. A few thoughts for Christmas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts