RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Firstly.... '06 TD6 Owner. The book says do not use Bio Diesel no matter what. I was wondering is there a way of making any mods for me to run on the eco juice?? I know some diesel cars allow a % mix of regular and bio diesels, could i safely use a % mix and get away with out modifying anything??

Secondly.... The Pre heater and strange noise. When i had a LR warranty on my vehicle i reported to service a strange noise coming from the Pre Heater. They said there is a TSB for this, so i booked it in and they rectified the issue. I have no idea what they did during this work but the noise went away and i was happy. 12 or so months later on the very same noise is back with me which is quite annoying. Could somebody detail the TSB they would have carried out at the time of repair so i can have a go myself???

Finally..... I have an iPhone 3GS which will not automatically pair to my car. I have to manually pair the phone each time i get in the car, in fact i have to do it twice before the phone will pair correctly. This as you can imagine is pretty annoying as my previous phone a Nokia paired automatically first time everytime. My question is could i be doing anything wrong?? Or do i simply select "Range Rover" from discovered devices list and enter "2121" for the passcode?? How do i find out my car bluetooth firmware?? I have an inspection 2 booked for early March... would you think the dealer would check to see if my bluetooth fw is up to date??

As always guys i greatly appreciate your help in advance.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Regarding # 3, have you checked the online compatibility chart yet? Connection of the 3GS has been problematic for many owners for different reasons, but depending on your VIN you may need a software upgrade to your existing Bluetooth module. See: http://www.landrover.com/microsites/GWS ... tooth.html (should be the UK compatibility checker, you'll need the last 6 digits of your VIN) - I had a similar issue with a Motorola Droid here in the US until the factory Nokia module in my 2006 RRS was flashed with the most recent firmware by the dealer. It connects automatically now, and even downloads the phonebook into the car, something it didn't do before. :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Q1 : haven't a clue

Q2 : Mine does exactly the same. dealer wanted shedloads to investigate and certainly made no reference to previous known issues. I have just elarned to live with it. I turn the radio up (naieve, but effective)

Q3 : Same problem. did some difgging on apple sites and seems this is very common. Suddenly started working after one of i-phones usual updates. Bizarre, but true.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts