RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. 2009 range rover l322.

it has always been hard for anyone to hop in and out of my car because it is so tall/large, and it does not have the side steps installed. i've been looking around a lot and doing as much research as i can, but i cant seem to find an answer on this, or if anyone here has tried it.

I called the dealer and asked about installing OEM fixed side steps to the car. parts + installation will run me $1,850.00 (the steps are $1500 just for the parts).

on ebay and all around the web, you can get the exact same looking side steps for around $200.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2012-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-HSE-Sport-Aluminum-Running-Boards-Side-Step-Bar-/381099210867?fits=Model:Range+Rover&hash=item58bb487873:g:QzYAAOSw1BlZQfDz&vxp=mtr (these are the steps)

Now I'm not someone to cheap on things, especially on a $100,000 car, but that is a HUGE savings, and I know that the quality will not be as good, but a $1300 difference is almost too good to pass up, and these things seem to be selling like hot cakes, and look IDENTICAL to the factory boards.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them or if anyone has bought them off another retailer and would like to chime in. Would be very much appreciated :).

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
They rust out after a year. At least mine did, I paid about $500 at the time for the fakes.

I bought them for my 08 when it was still under parents ownership for them to get in and out easier. Ended up with the genuine steps from a salvage truck.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They rust out after a year. At least mine did, I paid about $500 at the time for the fakes.

I bought them for my 08 when it was still under parents ownership for them to get in and out easier. Ended up with the genuine steps from a salvage truck.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro
Were there any issues with the fitment of the ebay ones? Looking to rust proof them

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
the factory boards are noticeably nicer in every way look for a used set of factory boards they will run you about 700.00,
the china copy is good for a truck your going to flip

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Fitment issues weren't a huge deal, I did get custom mounting hardware done as my set wanted to drill through the frame.. that was a no from me. Plastic degraded over a few months, and was easily scratched.

·
Registered
121 Posts
can u set the suspension lower at park to make easier to get in?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
189 Posts
What setting is this? Can it be programmed to happen automatically?

·
Registered
631 Posts
IIDTool allows you to change the height overall, not individually. So if you set it say 15mm lower, it sits lower by 15mm in access/normal/off-road.

And no, you can't set it to lower to access mode by default when you put it in PARK.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts