Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my buddies brought my attention to this car today which I wasn't even aware of.
Looks a lot nicer that the Cayenne IMO. A bit too small to be considered competition really but sounds like a good bargain at the price.

·
Registered
201 Posts
One of my buddies brought my attention to this car today which I wasn't even aware of.
Looks a lot nicer that the Cayenne IMO. A bit too small to be considered competition really but sounds like a good bargain at the price.

This was my second choice after the RRS, review from top gear is generally positive however option "a la porsche" is always a pain. I tried configuring a Macan S and it does not even have a standard entry and drive system. I ended up with a $15,000 option and it is not even close to being loaded, just decent. Driving wise I think it might be a little bit sportier than the RRS SC because it is smaller and has a Porsche tuned suspension. Even though it shares the same platform as the Audi Q5, Porsche put a brand new engine and other goodies in it which makes it drive differently. I checked with Porsche beachwood in Cleveland and they told me that the Macan S is almost sold out. A lot of people are ordering it. Another reason why I did not opt for the macan is because a lot of people are speculating that the Macan will probably be driven by hollywood moms or "people who cannot afford cayenne", which really drops the image. But then again this speculation comes from a youtube reviewer. So honestly the Macan might have potential but until the car reaches American soil which is said to arrive around march or april, we can't really proof anything.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the Macan is also a nominee for world luxury car of the year. Nice performance but Never on my short list given it's size

·
Registered
437 Posts
Saw the Macan at the Los Angeles Auto Show and it is ridiculously small. Not worth the $$$ in my opinion. I'd choose the Cayenne over the Macan... ultimately I chose the RRS. :dance:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd compare it with the Evoque for size. It's time LR dropped that supercharged V6 into the Evoque! It think it can handle it and would fly!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I love the taillights on the Macan. If you're thinking about the Macan, the SQ5 might be a good alternative. Although I think the SQ5's interior is a little dated now.

Just read about the new Evoque Autobiography Dynamic, looks interesting. Don't know about pricing yet. I think if you're going for small CUV, my choice would the Macan, SQ5 and the new Evoque RS (whenever that comes out).

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
756 Posts
I like the Macan a lot (I like "curvy' styled cars) and I think Porsche is offering a better value in this car than the Cayenne. I seriously considered the Macan but there were a few concerns:
- there are none to see in person, and I was concerned about the size.
- seems MUCH sportier and might have a harsher ride (especially with steel suspension).
- 1st orders will be filled sometime in 2Q14.
- Porsche already accepted enough orders to fill all of this years capacity at the factory, so the queue is rather long.
- not too wild about any of the exterior colors.

Given all of these, the RRS was a better choice right now. I'm going to keep my eye on the Macan once it hits the showrooms.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Beautiful interior and exterior, but as mentioned above very tight in the back due to the sloping roof line. If you have 1 or 2 small chidlren (not in strollers though) and won't need to lug around too much gear then it may work. But even my 5'5" wife felt it was too small in the back for longer trips. SQ5 is much more practical as a crossover and much more reasonably priced.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If they offered a diesel Macan with the TDI from the Cayenne, it'd be about perfect. Yeah it'd suck on the track, but so what, who tracks their SUV? In the real world, the VW six cylinder diesel provides monster torque and excellent useable performance (0-60 in 6 seconds), with awesome fuel economy (33 mpg + highway in the Q5 tdi.) And the price would be closer to $60k well equipped than $80k. Save the $20k premium and put it towards a sport car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If they offered a diesel Macan with the TDI from the Cayenne, it'd be about perfect. Yeah it'd suck on the track, but so what, who tracks their SUV? In the real world, the VW six cylinder diesel provides monster torque and excellent useable performance (0-60 in 6 seconds), with awesome fuel economy (33 mpg + highway in the Q5 tdi.) And the price would be closer to $60k well equipped than $80k. Save the $20k premium and put it towards a sport car.
Car Luxury vehicle Vehicle Gauge Auto part

Yup, the Cayenne Diesel has more than enough power. How much more if you put it in a Macan which is lighter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
View attachment 58369

Yup, the Cayenne Diesel has more than enough power. How much more if you put it in a Macan which is lighter.
Do you own a Cayenne Diesel? I test drove one and loved it. I almost bought one, but it was bigger than what I needed and, although I came close, I ultimately couldn't justify the premium over a smaller Q5 to myself. But it was neck and neck with the RRS as as the best SUV I've ever tried. And I loved the seats and interior.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My wife has a 2013 diesel cayenne. Its a great suv but rrs is much much better one. RRS is a true luxury suv and cayenne is a true sports sav.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you own a Cayenne Diesel? I test drove one and loved it. I almost bought one, but it was bigger than what I needed and, although I came close, I ultimately couldn't justify the premium over a smaller Q5 to myself. But it was neck and neck with the RRS as as the best SUV I've ever tried. And I loved the seats and interior.
My wife drives a 2014 Cayenne Diesel with Premium Package Plus. It's an awesome vehicle, much lighter to steer than the RRS. (like driving a car) I was able to get it to 138 MPH last weekend. (135 MPH track top speed) The Cayenne's design is just too girly for me. Except for the camera resolution, fuel economy and steering responsiveness I think everything about the RRS is better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My wife has a 2013 diesel cayenne. Its a great suv but rrs is much much better one. RRS is a true luxury suv and cayenne is a true sports sav.
The RRS and the Cayenne are both true sports SUVs. The the RRS is more luxurious than the Cayenne. (especially if its an ATB) The true luxury SUV would be the FFRR.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The RRS and the Cayenne are both true sports SUVs. The the RRS is more luxurious than the Cayenne. (especially if its an ATB) The true luxury SUV would be the FFRR.
Yes I agree. I own a 2013 FFRR Vogue and 2014 RRS ATB. Still RRS feels more luxurious than Cayenne.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts