RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I believe after much research (and lack of being able to find exactly what I'm looking for), I'm going to be placing an order in the next few days. Would love feedback on my build. Am I missing any "essentials/must-haves" or is there an option you see that I should just to aftermarket?

Little about me, live in So Cal, family of 4 (kids are 5&6). Vehicle will primarily used for daily driving. Weekends, will throw a bike rack on the back to go to the beach and vacations a Thule box on top to hold extra luggage.

• Range Rover Sport - Supercharged Dynamic
  • Fuji White
  • Black Sliding Panoramic Contrast Roof
  • Ebony/Ebony Seats
  • Ebony Morzine Headliner
  • Dark Grey Oak Veneer
  • Black Exterior Package
  • Drive Pro Package
  • Vision Assist Package
  • Climate Comfort Package
  • Meridian Surround Stereo - 825W
  • Heated and Cooled Front Seats
  • Cabin Ionization
  • Domestic Plug Socket
  • Tow Hitch Receiver
  • Black Roof Rails and CrossBars
  • 22" 9 Split-Spoke (9012) Gloss Black Wheels

A few things I'm on the fence...

1. Should I just do a Front Center cooler or Frig, instead of the whole Climate pack? I'm assuming there will just be vents in the back and not temp adjust if I opt of Climate pack?
2. I love the look of the Piano interior, but based off reading here is sounds like a PITA to keep looking good?
3. Should I just do an aftermarket hitch?
4. Should I just do an aftermarket roof rails?
5. Are the premium carpet mats worth it?
6. Is cabin ionization worth it?
7. Has anyone got the 22" wheels and wished they went with the 21"?

Looking forward to your thoughts and guidance. Thanks in advance!

Rick

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
294 Posts
Thoughts on My Build???

Nice build, i like to have something a bit unique and what you’re ordering looks really sharp, but is probably the build I see most in SoCal

As for options:
Definitely go with factory roof rack and tow. No roof rack works as well, and the tow package is a pain in the butt to do afterwards, and the third party ones look dumb. Also you usually get a bigger and or full size spare basically for free if factory installed tow package.

Cabin air is only $100 so no brainer.

I don’t have kids but I’d imagine keeping some juice boxes cool (fridge) and allowing them to have their own air (rear climate) would be nice.

22’s look awesome, but ride rough. I’ve had them twice, won’t have them again.

Piano interior does get scratched up but it’s not the end of the world. If you love the look go for it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Factory Tow 100% but hitch itself can be any off the shelf I think.
I don't know about the roof rack as I have never used one.
Cabin air is only $100 so why not.

The fridge is a waste of space. I would give it back if I could. I would much rather have that deep storage compartment back. In short, I hate the fridge. Some people like it.

Piano finish is to be avoided.

22's are great. Avoid 21s because tires are hard to find. There is no ride difference between 21 and 22. I've had both.

I like the rubber mats. They're really nice.

Hope that helps

p.s. Don't forget, if you're getting the dynamic package, a few more leather color options become available to you. I personally like the Tan and The Pimento a lot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had the piano black for 7 years in a Sport, 10 months in a Velar and in my new SVR. Mine have never looked scratched but what I do is run a swiffer duster over it all first, then spray with a mild cleaner and dry with a clean microfiber cloth. done. And then you only need to run the duster over it once in a while. Mine never get covered in fingerprints because there is no real need to touch most of it. If you take it to a car wash place where the untrained careless detailers go to town on it then yes it will probably get ruined. Just an alternate perspective on it. I love how it looks and would get it yet again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have this car in ATB line, 2018. I concur, the 22’s ride really harsh/hard. And this is from someone coming from an m3 and x6m, both running rubberband tires with runflats. If the comfort benefit of 21’s, even if it’s 10% more comfortable, it is worth it. I’m actually considering dropping $$ to go down to 21’s.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the feedback. Very helpful!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recommend the factory tow, much cheaper than aftermarket. It is integrated with the reverse camera and warning sensors so you do not get constant warnings when backing the trailer. I got excited when reading the manual that the trailer reversing feature was included but it turned out this is a separate option from the tow package. If that is a feature you want you should check it is included, I think the option packages changed 2017 to 18. Not sure which engine you have but on the 3L the low range is not included on all builds. I had the extra duty package which gave this feature and it also came with the adaptive suspension, which I also have on mt Jag XKR and it gives a nice ride.Enjoy.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Your in SoCal and black interiors can get really hot in the sun.

Fridge is personal preference but I would like it.

Not sure if heavy duty package is available like on LR4/D5 but u get an electronically locking rear diff which is great in snow or off-road.

But I must say...jealous!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Hi Rick

Love the spec so far, I wish I’d gone fir the meridian package too.

I don’t know if it’s available in the USA, but the retractable side step is brilliant, my wife and in laws are only 5ft and have always struggled to get into my various 4x4. This solves the problem, I guess your kids would be the same tho they would just jump in but the step would reduce the chances of them getting their muddy shoes on the beautiful leather interior. The step is sited under the car and deploys when you open the door using the keyless entry or unlock the car using the key fob. You tube link below

https://youtu.be/6jXaxYNLu0o

Hope this helps

Enjoy your RR SPORT it’s a great drive

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts