RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2006 S/C Rimini Red with Ivory interior and Jet carpeting. I love it in the pictures, but my wife is not so sure. She thinks that it's an awful lot of truck to be red. Anyone here have one? It seems to be a pretty rare combo. Is that because it's ugly in real life?

Thoughts?

G

·
0 Posts
to be honest, I'm getting a bit fed up of your "how about this combo, how about that" posts. It's your money, your choice, so buy one already and then come back.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Range Rover said:
to be honest, I'm getting a bit fed up of your "how about this combo, how about that" posts. It's your money, your choice, so buy one already and then come back.
Thanks for your valuable input.

To be fair, my question was to people that have this color, and what their thoughts are on it. Since it appears to be a rare color, I haven't had the opportunity to see it, in the flesh.

God forbid I take the pulse of the Range Rover faithful, before purchasing. Geez.

And as long as you're keeping track of my posts, please show me where all I'm doing is starting threads about color combos?

I did ask about 2006 vs. 2007. Fair question, I thought

I did ask about a Westminster Edition, as I'm not familiar with what the package consisted of, and the price premium associated with it.

These forums are here to share information, no? I'm sorry that me asking questions, to educate myself before purchasing, has somehow offended you.

Have a nice day.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
Sorry don't have a red, and probably wouldn't drive one, but I hated the "everybody has Java Black", but look at me now. :roll:
Go see it, maybe you'll like it, and see past the nail polish look. :lol:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Colour is a matter of taste and I don't think I want to go there but it is perceived wisdom among Land Rover dealers that you can't shift red Range Rovers .

G

·
0 Posts
BenzORama said:
Mr. Range Rover said:
Thanks for your valuable input.

To be fair, my question was to people that have this color, and what their thoughts are on it. Since it appears to be a rare color, I haven't had the opportunity to see it, in the flesh.

God forbid I take the pulse of the Range Rover faithful, before purchasing. Geez.

And as long as you're keeping track of my posts, please show me where all I'm doing is starting threads about color combos?

I did ask about 2006 vs. 2007. Fair question, I thought

I did ask about a Westminster Edition, as I'm not familiar with what the package consisted of, and the price premium associated with it.

These forums are here to share information, no? I'm sorry that me asking questions, to educate myself before purchasing, has somehow offended you.

Have a nice day.
Your only question in your original post was "Is it because it's ugly in real life". That's hardly sharing information and more about personal preference. if I tell you I like cheese, is that going to help you make your decision? No.
If you have a valid question regarding reliability, availability of service dealers, and equipment or interchangeability of parts, that's great. If I have the answers, i'll be the first person to try and help you and do what I can to help you over come your problems.
But if all you want to do is should I buy this or what do you guys think about that, do us all a favour and take it to the general chit chat forum.

There are some of us who use this main forum as a way of exchanging technical information on these vehicles and how to maintain and repair them, not showing off all the cool toys we [and our nanny] have.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Mr. Range Rover said:
...There are some of us who use this main forum as a way of exchanging technical information on these vehicles and how to maintain and repair them, not showing off all the cool toys we [and our nanny] have.
What is this - are you a bigger dog? Like pissing contests?
If you aren't interested in his post, why do you waste your time reading it, and waste everyone elses time responding to it?
You and I find more value in the technical side of the forum, but others find value in the style side. So what? If this forum was as well-structured as most other forums, it would have seperate sub-forums for different interests. But as rudimentary as this forum is, it doesn't have that. Because of that, we all have to sort through the chaff to get to what interests each of us. It's understandable that we each can reach our limits and let our frustrations out, but there's no reason to disrespect other forum members because you don't have the same interests.

Please - read your tag line and walk that walk.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The technical guys on this forum left long ago. Technical questions now are either met with "Use the search function" or the sound of a cricket chirping. I visit this forum because I have a RR that I really like, and like to hear other people's experiences, difficulties, pleasures, whatever. Rimini red still sucks.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
RattleItHome said:
Rimini red still sucks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee so what do you really think of that color. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

& sorry for beating this dead horse, but I guess this is supposed to be about purely technical stuff...

Never really paid attention b4 but it says....

Range Rover MKIII Forum
The technical forum for the MarkIII Range Rover introduced in 2002

although an opinion from a newbie for a world renowned RR enthusiast site, shouldn't lead to a lynching. If you have an opinion cool, o/w roll your eyes and click away.

Now if the Q was, what's the best paint or technique to cover up the bottle of nail polish LR dropped all over my car, then I'm sure it would be technical and welcome. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RattleItHome said:
Rimini red still sucks.
:thumb:
Well played sir, well played.

Check back tomorrow when my next thread is:

"Hey guys, do black Range Rovers get better gas mileage than white ones?"

Thanks for the support, fellas. :clap:

BTW, sold the R500 today, so my full time membership is becoming more imminent. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Mr. Ranger Rover. I'll be sure to ping you first when I need help turning on my windshield wipers.

G

·
0 Posts
BenzORama said:
RattleItHome said:
Rimini red still sucks.
:thumb:
Well played sir, well played.

Check back tomorrow when my next thread is:

"Hey guys, do black Range Rovers get better gas mileage than white ones?"

Thanks for the support, fellas. :clap:

BTW, sold the R500 today, so my full time membership is becoming more imminent. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Mr. Ranger Rover. I'll be sure to ping you first when I need help turning on my windshield wipers.
It's the lever on the right of the steering wheel, you push it up as far as you need to. `8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gentlemen, cut the guy some slack. He's new to the forum, asked a question and Mr Range Rover answers way off topic. If you didn't like his question then don't answer. Ignore it, but to go off on a new member sucks. Shame on you. These forums are for an exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and troubleshooting. Benzo, welcome and enjoy the wealth of info on this site. I recently bought a 2007 RR SC and have enjoyed it. The red is different and will defintely be a change from the usual black and silvers. Buy and drive what you like. It's your ride...
Jay

G

·
0 Posts
saffrontiger said:
Gentlemen, cut the guy some slack. He's new to the forum, asked a question and Mr Range Rover answers way off topic. If you didn't like his question then don't answer. Ignore it, but to go off on a new member sucks. Shame on you. These forums are for an exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and troubleshooting. Benzo, welcome and enjoy the wealth of info on this site. I recently bought a 2007 RR SC and have enjoyed it. The red is different and will defintely be a change from the usual black and silvers. Buy and drive what you like. It's your ride...
Jay
Who asked you with your grand total of 4 posts in 6 months. You're really a wealth of knowledge and experience aren't you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts