RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope all our members in and around the Canturbury area of South Island New Zealand are safe and well and coping with the 7+ magnitude shake they suffered this morning. My thoughts are with you

·
Registered
361 Posts
I live in Rolleston, which is only about five miles from the epicentre and only had a few ceramic figurines and vases broken - my house is fine.
It seems that mostly older brick buildings have been the worst hit. What makes me cry is seeing the mess that some warehouses woke up to and how they are cleaning up. Just bring in the excavators and bob-cats and dump everything. Damaged or good makes no difference just dump the lot and claim insurance.

Personally I was in the dunny having a slash at the time - AND THEN THE EARTH MOVED! I sort of lost interest in what I was doing and concentrated on staying upright.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you're all OK
We had a niece and her boyfriend down in ChCh for a wedding and a dirty weekend - earth really did move for them!! They were in the central city but were fine, a friend came and picked them up and took them to their home untill the flight back - yes the wedding did take place but the party fizzled out at about 2200 as they had a bit of an early call.
Have you seen this google map of all the quakes - play it at fast forward and its quite scary http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/
It's a enough to make you cry when I saw the video of them scooping up all the broken bottles of booze!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts