RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I saw a spider go into the dash.

Still can't find it. Seems he took my torx bit as well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulled the trim out of each Rover then spent most of the day cutting and polishing all the trim.

Jescar correcting compound using a microfiber pad then a pass with Sonax perfect finish on an ultrafine pad followed by 2 coats of jescar powerlock and collinite 845.

Now the Piano Black is extra Piano. The best pieces went back in the AB. The remaining pieces went in the SC.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good for you. As for the spider, Nuke it from orbit....its the only way to be sure. Im going to do the same thing for the wood in my new L405 but leave it in the car instead of removing it.

What is the model of your polisher?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good for you. As for the spider, Nuke it from orbit....its the only way to be sure. Im going to do the same thing for the wood in my new L405 but leave it in the car instead of removing it.

What is the model of your polisher?
Listen this spider stole my torx bit. He's armed and dangerous. What if he starts unscrewing things from the inside while I'm driving?!?!

I've got several here, all rupes. That's an LHR75E. Also have an LHR15 mark 3 and a long neck nano.

Keep in mind most of the wood interior can be polished even if its matt finish, just has to be laquered. They all come out amazing with a little effort.

Sorry for the poor lighting. Complete Piano Black Lacquer install. And wow if these don't really bring the color of the brown and parchment out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wow, LR really stepped up their game in the last few years. I didn’t know the ‘Espresso?’ Brown was on the pallet. Next to the Navy/Ivory interiors, that gets my vote for most stunning. Well done.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Each year they do a demo vehicle to showcase the new model year. Ipanema Sand with Aribaca brown and Parchment was the showcase for MY12. I just liked the feel of the earth tones and the truck wasn't black 😆

I have a MY12 L322 Autobiography with the burnt Tan interior. I'm so darn happy with both these color schemes I can't even say.

Just installed my custom Sport wheel with Napa leather and paddle shifters. This is the actual truck I was polishing for. I replaced the worst pieces with new ones and the restoration pieces in the new SC. This interior has been restored to near showroom condition. Few small leather marks to fix and its perfect.

But the color.....the lighting only makes it look red. Its more a burnt orange.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That burnt orange is darn close to one of the current Autobiography interior colors. Looks like its fresh off the showroom floor. One thing I never did with my L322 is get the hard wood floor for the boot. When my new RR was delivered, that was the first thing I whipped up in my shop. My wife has a Jag XK with black carpet. She now wants one in some sort black bamboo for her trunk.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little bugger took off into the bumper today!

Still can't find him or my torx bit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That burnt orange is darn close to one of the current Autobiography interior colors. Looks like its fresh off the showroom floor. One thing I never did with my L322 is get the hard wood floor for the boot. When my new RR was delivered, that was the first thing I whipped up in my shop. My wife has a Jag XK with black carpet. She now wants one in some sort black bamboo for her trunk.

BTW if you're saying you made that yourself, cheers! That is excellent looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
datafoo
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing