RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't to debate the merits of EAS or that you shouldn't run coils. I'm only interested in hearing from those running coils on a p38.

What make springs did you run and what spring rate?

Also, what did you think of it on and off road.

I'm currently looking at these options:

FrontRearInchesmm
Flatdog p38 STD220258/400
Flatdog p38 +2220258/400
BA 210419515.5394
BA 210324017.5445
BA 210519417.2438
BA 210229517.5445

But can't decide.

The bottom option is a Bearmach kit they list as "+30mm" and the middle option is also Bearchmach, thier "+20mm" but not increased load.

Flatdog only offer one set of rates but don't specify the spring length. Their +2 is the length of the spring, not the amount of lift. It should offer a slight lift due to the longer springs, but nothing OTT.

I am running slightly bigger tyres, so a small lift may be desirable. But I don't want to ruin the ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Increased load capacity is not going to be a nice ride. I am running Old Man Emu HD springs front and rear and it's definitely not for everyone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Running hd terrafirma springs. Bit over the top now I don't carry a lot of weight. Would go for arnott nextime, but not cheap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I understand and you're right, a working coils converted p38 is better than a dying one on (no more) air. If you need to lift it, I would go with longer springs instead of higher rate.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I run 676x in the front (40mm lift)
rear are HD classic rover springs (50mm lift)
brand , Old Man Emu
I am in Australia
lift is taken from standard ride height.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
mad as
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing