Range Rovers Forum banner

Thor adaption reset

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Nevstah 
#1 ·
Hi

Maybe a silly question, but if the engine isn't running right but think you've fixed the primary cause, is an adaption required, or can you go the long way around and do a drive cycle followed by a long drive too give it chance to update?
Thanks

#3 ·
Sadly I don't have testbook or similar and I don't know anyone. I'd rather not go to a main stealer and ask them to reset if I haven't fixed all the causes

#4 ·
It should reset after a drive cycle or two. The only thing I've found that doesn't reset properly on a GEMS and the Thor may be the same is the TPS voltage. I've found that if the stored TPS voltage is higher than actual, it will reset as it should but if it is lower, it doesn't. What do you think was the primary cause?

#5 ·
Definitely an exhaust leak pre o2 sensors, likely an unmetered intake leak too but I'm not sure about that.
I just replaced the o2 sensors because of an error code on both relating to the o2 heater circuit. But the new sensors give the same codes so I'm out of ideas on that one, however i understand they should still work, just take longer to warm up?
Thanks

#6 ·
O2 sensors will still work but, as you say, will just take longer to start giving an output. There may have been nothing wrong with the ones you took out. I've found 2 cars now giving lambda heater errors and that was corrosion in the wires inside the plug. They do live in a pretty hostile place, heat, oil from the oil leaks that every Range Rover has and water sprayed up off the front wheels. However, a drive cycle should do the job on those faults.

#7 ·
Cheers for that! I'll attack the connectors with contact cleaner, see if that helps!!! You're right, they could have been ok
Just remembered, I've had an ongoing issue with p1319 which is a low fuel level related misfire, but it stays around even with 1/2 tank of petrol so I'm a bit flummoxed! Been ignoring it. Fuel pressure seems ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.