Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my dealer today. Apparently Land Rover was expecting a 40% take rate on the 3rd Row Seat Option and are only getting about 5%. At that rate, it may not be a lasting option unless they just need to say they have 7 Seat capacity.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was at my dealer today. Apparently Land Rover was expecting a 40% take rate on the 3rd Row Seat Option and are only getting about 5%. At that rate, it may not be a lasting option unless they just need to say they have 7 Seat capacity.
Heard the same thing. Thats fine by me. Hope they discontinue it after I get my order;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's funny that they offer the 3rd row in the Sport and not in the full-size Range Rover. Definitely more practical in the RR; however they sell a ton more Sports...

·
Registered
34 Posts
What kind of storage room are you seeing with the 3rd row up? My LR4 has enough room for maybe two bags of groceries. (trying to compare - Pic would be awesome). Does the 3rd row limit the size of the spare tire?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of storage room are you seeing with the 3rd row up? My LR4 has enough room for maybe two bags of groceries. (trying to compare - Pic would be awesome). Does the 3rd row limit the size of the spare tire?
You do not get a full size spare. there is minimal storage but I didnt have much storage behind the 3rd row of my Tahoe either. The only cars I've see that have decent space behind the 3rd row are the XL Tahoe / Yukon / Excalades. Otherwise its pretty much a 1 to 1 trade on people in the 3rd row and storage

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The 3rd row on the LR4 is actually a full size bench, usable (and quite comfortable, even on long hauls) by children and grown ups alike, there is really no comparison between those 2 extra seats and the "+2" emergency pop-ups of the new Sport.

·
Banned
305 Posts
enough storage for grocery bags behind third row or a couple of overnight bags or a small stroller (folded). I too think that because the full size rr is larger it should offer the third row option. I would have ordered that car over this one if that had been the case. that being said- the third row is very handy if you have small children and instantly gives you a big option for travelling with an extra adult if you need to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A third row in the full size Range Rover is never going to happen, Land Rover has been quite clear about that in the past.
but many dealers here in Europe and in middle east also, talking about 3rd row seat as option in the future in the new Long-Based RR that will be announced in Q3 - Q4 2014.....

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The LWB Range Rover was unveiled late last year, right here in Los Angeles, and can already be ordered... With limo-like seats in the back. No third row, not even as an option. They are going after owners who like to be driven around by a chaffeur, as an alternative to long wheelbase BMWs, Benzes, Bentleys, etc (the price is right up there, too.) They obviously aren't targeting rich soccer moms needing 7 seats.

·
Banned
305 Posts
I do believe that the full size may eventually offer a third row if economically feasible. If it'll sell then why wouldn't they make it? One of the big selling points of the GL class is that the third row is large enough for adults and offers an alternative to a minivan for the well healed. LR may find that that it's preprod research was off and that the main reason the 3rd row is not popular is that it cannot hold an adult.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The LWB Range Rover was unveiled late last year, right here in Los Angeles, and can already be ordered... With limo-like seats in the back. No third row, not even as an option. They are going after owners who like to be driven around by a chaffeur, as an alternative to long wheelbase BMWs, Benzes, Bentleys, etc (the price is right up there, too.) They obviously aren't targeting rich soccer moms needing 7 seats.

thanks..
i knew that LWB was already available to be ordered as limo replacement
but in Europe as i told you before
they talked seriously that the same model or another will be available with 3rd row seat...
this what i heard myself from the main dealer in France
& in Dubai also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts