RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys so it goes like this:

Ater a terrible winter for car washing, our business has had to fold.......we have moved into the furniture retail business (my good ladys profession!) while im running a carpet care business for a freind.

Anyway, thats the dull sob story out of the way..the upshot is that we simply dont use ole rangie enough any more to justify the running and insurance cost given that we have a smart car and van already and really could do with an injection of readies into the new business so whats she worth? ill give you all a brief overview of her and i'll be interested to see what you all think!

1999 4.6 HSE
Oxford blue (very good condition paint)
Lightstone leather (excellent condition, rear seats genuinely only sat in no more than 20 times!)
Hurricane alloys with 5mm scorpion ice and snows all way round
Side steps and light guards (front only)
Only 78000 miles with a folder full of service history mainly from the london mayfair main dealer
Head gaskets done 15,000 ago
'O' rings done 5,000 ago
No faults, knocks or bangs
Everything works as it should with the exception of the heated seats (which i may fix if it makes a deal?)
6 months tax, 12 months MOT

So whats your thoughts?

as always your input greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's hard to put a value on cars of this age and type. I picked my 96 HSE for £1750. last January when there was lots of doom and gloom in the news a fuel was going up every week. I have seen a few P38's offerd for sale at upto £6000 but they are all DSE's.

Sid.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If its realy that good I would consider £4000 a good price. I think you wouldn't get too much interest over £6000 though.

I'm not car dealer, just my opinion based on looking around before I brought mine and what I see for sale in my mates garage. Probably worth bearing in mind that you can pick up a disco 3 for about 10k now, and an early genIII/Sport RR for probably not alot more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts