RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Gents I’m hoping to gather a few opinions for you all. I have a 2001 Holland and Holland #153 with almost 96,000 miles on it that I think would have a better life elsewhere. I do really love the truck though. She’s beautiful in my opinion and it’s been a solid daily driver but now I have more cars and space is becoming a problem (or maybe its me with the car problem). I bought the truck because I’ve always loved the P38 but never had one. Then I got lucky and found a Holland. However, she deserves more attention than I can give.

Condition:
It runs and drives great. PO replaced the head gasket and tranny.. no leaks. Looks like the coils are new also but I’m not sure. The body is rust free and straight but needs a paint job. The paint looks ok on the sides and front/rear but the clearcoat is worn on the top surfaces. She has brush guards in front and rear as well as running boards. Everything is stock and the air suspension works. New pads all around and rear rotors have about 100 miles on them. Interior is clean the seats are perfect. New Pirelli Scorpions all around, wheels are near perfect. I just fixed the HVAC screen but fried the nav screen a few weeks ago when I replaced the battery ☹. I have a new unit and new screen but haven’t had the time to work on anything lately. It also needs a new headliner which I was planning on doing this summer/fall. Just recently the radio and rear driver side window quit working but I haven’t had time to fix them just yet either. I get an occasional SRS light but no other dash warning lights. Its just getting to the point where I (or my lady) only drive it maybe about twice a month and she just got a new car so I’m sure its going to just be sitting around next to my old 01 750 (they do look good together though 😊).

My question to you all is.. What do you think its worth if I sell? Thinking of putting it on the market in the next month or so. I figured I’d get a more realistic idea from you guys since the internet prices seem to be all over the place. And there are no Hollands available to compare pricing with.

So should I keep the Holland and put more money into it? Or sell it? Or sit on it and store it at my moms. I don’t think I can post pix on this site but if you want to see it send me a dm. I’d prefer to see the truck in the hands of an enthusiast so if the interest is there feel free send me a respectable offer or ask questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in Ohio. Truck is from Boston.
If it's rust-free, that could sell for up to as much as $8 or $9 grand with the right buyer, but if there's any rust or those issues you listed are unresolved, you'll be lucky to sell it for more than half that. I bought a P38 30th Anniversary Edition with near-flawless interior and exterior for less than 10 grand, with a full set of dealer maintenance records that lived its entire life totally rust-free in Texas. These trucks just aren't worth very much after almost 20 years.

Might be worth listing it on BringATrailer.com and taking advantage of their professional photographer for $300. Less than 100 grand on the odo makes this a relatively attractive option for collectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most clearcoat issues can be fixed, to some degree, by a competent body shop. I would go see what a couple of independents in your area would recommend. Spending another $500 on the headliner, depending on the degree of sag (if in 1-2 spots I would ignore, if all coming down then must-fix), would return the investment.

I agree re BAT. H&H can bring the $$ there. Sometimes people pay ridiculous $$ for well maintained ones---$20k+ for a non H&H, but it really depends on the condition, presentation, and probably as importantly seller-interaction on the sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
1996_P38_4.0
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing