RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am thinking of buying a Velar (R-Dynamic with one of the bigger engines) and wanted to ask a few questions.

1) Based on some reviews that I read, the consensus was that the technology is great, but not so easy to use while driving. Do you have any issues changing the radio, using the nav, etc..which driving?
2) Thoughts in reliability issues?
3) I live in NY and need to drive to work in snow a handful of times a year. I assume it will handle without issues in in-climate weather? (I can't seem to find that much about snow traction). My Audi Q7 is a beast and wanted comparable snow traction.
4) When I test drove, the metal bar in the steering wheel was uncomfortable. Anyone else feel the same?

Thanks in advance!

Ross

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had no issues so far, the touchpro does need some time to get used to but once you get the hang of it, it seems pretty easy. I have had issues with the password on my apps but again that could be just me not setting up the account right. My car has 30k and i have no reliability issues as of yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is an abundance of tech in the Velar compared to other brands and it will take some getting used to...especially the touch screen. This isn’t intended as a complaint. Frankly, until you become accustomed to the touch screens...there are 2 of them and they’re really large...they can be a bit distracting as you’re driving. Also it can be a little wonky with iPods...the iPod Touch will not work consistently with the vehicle’s OS...however, older versions of the iPod will work just fine. Even though I have a few older iPods, I was disappointed that I couldn’t use my iPod Touch because the few times it would work the lower display screen would display the artwork associated with each song...not the case with the older versions. I would say the learning curve with the tech in the Velar is about a month before things feel “right”. The Bluetooth connection is solid and I really like how the maps and software update themselves. I hope this helps....

·
Registered
2 Posts
100% agree about the metal bar. I didn't feel it during the test drive but my during the hour drive back from the dealership my hand was red and kind of hurt after I got home. It wasn't that big of a deal because it didn't hurt, but a big annoyance.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
45 Posts
the electronics is JLR's achilles heel.
Even if you get the most expensive RR Autobiography your money can buy, you won't be immune to it.
as long as you can live with that fact going in, you'll be fine

as for the Reliability issues, i believe it's improving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts