RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pictured grill on my dub...Very rare grille out of the UK. I ended up selling it because I installed dual headlights and it looked a bit like a UFO. Paid 300-400 if I recall. However, the reason I post, is has anyone seen something similar for the Range Rover? Perhaps there is not enough clearance? I'm thinking about having some fun with fiberglass and the drimmel...I think it would be very smooth rather than on the front bumper...I expect you "traditional" folks to dislike off the bat...But screw it thought I would ask.
IMG_0177.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
What's the harm in trying?

I don't think I'll ever do it but I've wanted to try a 7" round headlight conversion to look like a Classic myself.
I theorize that the early Isuzu Trooper grill could look like a 1970's Classic grill.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
After reading this and your other post I just have to ask, how many have you had tonight?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi

Some guys already has installed different led lightbars incooperated into the grill, so the idea is tested. If you wanna try with an spare grill and some round spotbeams, just do it. No harm in that, pending of how good your composite and design skill is, the outcome might look good.

But recommend using an original design spare grill as test piece, some thing else will just look stupid...
I`m not a big fan of any grill conversion/ upgrade of the p38`s original design.( Type L322 / RR sport look a like upgrades:naughty: no, no, no )

Good luck

Best regards Brage

·
Registered
110 Posts
i am not against customizing, BUT most of the work I see is crap and makes the car/truck look like a turd.

many people need to take some art classes to learn about flow and balance....

rarely someone pulls it together and makes something awesome, but that is only a very low percentage....personally i would never want my rover to look more like a trooper.

good luck..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts