RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering replacing my exhaust for something that will give me a better sound....not looking for any real performance upgrades. I'm leaning towards a cat back borla system. The best price I found was a little under 1k for the setup shipped.....not too bad. As far as I can tell from the pics of the Borla system, it looks like I can probably get away with just replacing the muffler and purchasing the tips from borla and keeping all the stock pipes........grand total around $300 for parts. Any opinions on going this route instead of purchasing the entire system? It would be nice to save $700 if I can achieve the same sound with just purchasing the muffler portion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
isn't it the best route going with the 06 models and up till the 09s to just remove the resonator I believe it is the #7 resonator people are referring to will give you much more of a aggressive sound and be the most cost effective method that you seem to be wanting...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read the posts regarding the resonator delete method.....definitely the most cost effective route to take and sounds much more aggressive for sure. The only thing I'm worried about is that it may sound a little too "raw" for the wife. I was comparing a couple of clips I found online and it sounds like a combination of the resonator delete method along with replacing the OEM muffler with an aftermarket one will produce a smoother sound/roar.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
RRSupercharged888 said:
a combination of the resonator delete method along with replacing the OEM muffler with an aftermarket one will produce a smoother sound/roar.
That's what I did and I am very happy with it. In retrospect I would have done the #7 delete because it's simpler and cheaper... It's also reversable if you decide that it's too loud, which I doubt.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 50 series SUV, dual in/dual out. I nixed the #7 AND #9 and spliced in the bromaster (if you're from the Oakland area like I am, that what you call them). It's sounds great; all the techs at my dealership love it. I will say however, it is not super loud. It's just a nice boost over stock while still maintaining the dignity of the brand.

As stated, I would not go this route again, simply because it's more complicated and expensive than just nixing the #7 and splicing in some straight tubing. That said, if you nix #7 and are not happy, my configuration would be an easy plan B.

IMO, if you already have an SC with nice tips/etc, it's silly to drop $1K on a full catback system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts