RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 92RR just dumped antifreeze all over the inside of my truck. It was crazy because steam came out of the vents & the antifreeze came out from the console on to the front floor. Is that from the thermostat going bad or something ells? I need help. It's getting old take my truck in to the shop once a month.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Sounds like your heater core blew. It is a fun weekend end project that helps you bond with your rig.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: thermostat going bad or something ells

Thanks I'll look into that and ask my mechanic. It doesn't look to hard to pot in. Thanks

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
159 Posts
It's not a hard job to do, but most of the facia, gear lever surround and cubby box have to come out (I've attached a photo of what mine looked like just after getting the heater out). The hardest bit is getting the hoses off the matrix down the back of the engine. That's one of those jobs where you can either see what you're doing or get your hand in.

Mine took a day to do, but I wasn't rushing it. As far as I remember, the early Discovery and the Range Rover shared the same matrix if that makes tracking down the part easier

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hay thanks for the help & will be using this more. What is a good shop book for the RR to help fix it. I’m in need of a manual.
Jon

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Your best source here will be the search button and the common issues section of home page. A good start as far as shop manual will be to download RAVE from the internet. Chances are you will find a 1995 version when you serch the web, but it will be close enough for your rig to get most jobs done.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
138 Posts
Looks like a nasty job. What would cause the heater matrix to go bad?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Atlantic British has 99 page instructions with photos on thier website, listed under tech info I think. To get to hose connections in engine compartment you should remove plenum chamber, this makes it much easier. You can bypass the heater with U shaped heater hose on firewall side of metal heater lines, you can adapt one from auto parts store, if you want to get up and running right away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm doing the quick fix for now being that I wont need to use my heat for the next 4 to 5 months. Is the hose 3/4"? I'm going to get 2 hose clamps & a hose fitting to reroute it for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts